PDA

View Full Version : Question about faa flight review

Spectre4300s
7th Sep 2011, 01:31
Hi everyone. I need some help, I have to do an FAA flight review soon, I have a commercial license w/ multi engine land rating & IRA and need to know if I can do the flight review on a single engine aircraft (C-172) and have it cover the multi as well. I read in this aopa Arcticle http://www.aopa.org/asf/publications/sa03.pdf that you are allowed to do something like that, but i need some clarification on this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

B2N2
7th Sep 2011, 15:51
OK, first the ridicule, then the help.

You are telling us that you are a Commercially rated Pilot but you DO NOT know the requirements for a Flight Review or even how to look them up in the FAR-AIM?:mad:
Google broken in Miami today?:ugh:

14 CFR 61.56 has the flight review requirements.
The flight review is NOT category and class restricted which means you can use any airplane that you are rated for. So yes you can use a SE.
Common wisdom would dictate that you use the most complex or highest category that you are rated for, makes the most sense but if you're a little financially strapped right now go ahead take the SE.

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations: (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div8&view=text&node=14:2.0.1.1.2.1.1.35&idno=14)

Spectre4300s
18th Sep 2011, 20:29
Thanks for the help b2n2, i read the far/aims but still was a bit unclear on the exact details of the regs. So another question, if I chose to do the FR on an SEL airplane, would i be restricted to flying only single or could i fly multi aircraft. thanks again. you guys are great help.

punk666
18th Sep 2011, 23:00
I think B2N2 has already answered that question.:ok:

Spectre4300s
19th Sep 2011, 02:02
ok so then i assume that if i do the flight review in a single and then do the required 3 takeoffs and landings night & day in a multi, that i am then allowed to carry passengers as pic in a mulit engine airplane?

thanks.

avionimc
19th Sep 2011, 05:42
00s... you should apply for a captain job in India :oh:!

usualguy
19th Sep 2011, 09:12
without looking in the FAR, you need 1 hour flight at least and 1 hour ground.changed years ago because guys were giving ground instruction in the plane.:)

this is at the discretion of the FI. He may give you 2-4 hours ground and 2 hours flights.
if you want it cheap, you can find a cheap FI, but probably he want see you can fly in a proper manner.Nobody like the Fed to knock at your door asking why your student crashed the next day.

if you have a cfi, you don't need the ground part.you renew your FI ticket online.

B2N2
21st Sep 2011, 19:53
Once again, the FR is NOT category and class.
So you take your flight review in a SE you can legally fly everything that you are rated for.