PDA

View Full Version : Eyelid Ulcer?

750XL
6th Sep 2011, 14:47
Hello,

I had an eyelash in my eye earlier and where the discomfort would usually go within half an hour, it was still a bit irritating a few hours later. I took a look in the mirror and on the underside of my upper eyelid I found a small 'ulcer' looking type thing. I've never noticed it before but I can't say I look at the underside of my eyelids too often :} It doesn't hurt and I don't think it's causing any discomfort in my eye (there's a bit of discomfort at the moment but I don't know if that's my mind playing tricks or from the eyelash earlier on).

Does anyone know what it could be? Tried having a google around and a look on various medical sites but couldn't find anything that looks similar. Is it worth booking myself into the doctors or is it something that might go within a few days?

Sorry for the picture, not the easiest part of the body to take a photo of :*

http://i56.tinypic.com/14m46l4.jpg

Thanks

DX Wombat
6th Sep 2011, 15:54
Don't mess about trying to decide, your eyesight is precious so go and see your GP. It may well turn out to be something minor but we can all have a PhD in Hindsight and it isn't worth compromising your eyesight for the sake of a few minutes spent seeing your GP. Better safe than sorry.

gingernut
6th Sep 2011, 18:59
It looks more like a lump than an ulcer.

It's a little far back to be an infected follicle, could be a little blocked gland or granuoma.

Either way, it's easilly sorted, go to your gp so he can take a closer look. :)

750XL
7th Sep 2011, 16:34
Woke up this morning to book an appointment to ring the doctor and it had gone :suspect:

Thanks for the replies :ok:

DX Wombat
7th Sep 2011, 21:30
Hehehe! Seriously though, it's really good news, thanks for telling us. :)

Loose rivets
8th Sep 2011, 22:13
After months, my daughter happened across a north London hospital that knew what was going on with her child. They treated an apparent recurrent stye with quite a different approach. Multiple courses of locally applied and oral antibiotics had not helped the two year old.

If it becomes chronic, post again or PM me and I'll find out more.

gingernut
9th Sep 2011, 20:24
Sometimes the body is best left to repair itself.

If ever in doubt, seek the advice of one who know's , like your GP:)