PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Thom Books

cashquest
6th Sep 2011, 12:41
Hi all

I am in thw early stages of my flight training and am furiously reading aswell as lessons. I have been kindly given The Air Pilot's Manual Volumes 1 & 4 but cant seem to find Vols 2 & 3 anywhere can anyone help with either a source(have tried Amazon) or if you happen to have these 2 books and no longer need them and wish to sell please get in touch.

Thanks all for reading
Stuart

I Love Flying
6th Sep 2011, 12:48
Try eBay if you haven't already.

Like this: Aviation Law and Meteorology-Trevor Thom, Peter Godwin | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aviation-Law-and-Meteorology-Trevor-Thom-Peter-Godwin-/110724867831?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item19c7b766f7#ht_2533wt_1141)

When I wanted Volume 5 Instrument flying and radio navigation, I saved it as a search and eBay notified me whenever one came up for sale. Good luck.

24Carrot
6th Sep 2011, 13:21
I believe you should search for the "Air Pilot's Manual" books from "Air Pilot Publishing Ltd".

Although everybody seems to call them the "Trevor Thom" books, his name does not appear anywhere in my 2005 editions.

edited to add: Amazon appears to have both in stock as I write.

I Love Flying
6th Sep 2011, 14:02
Good point. I remember now that I saved multiple searches like Trevor Thom Volume 5, Air Pilot Vol 5 etc

Morris542
6th Sep 2011, 16:48
Pooleys:

Pooleys - Air Pilot's Manuals - Thom (http://www.pooleys.com/prod_list.cfm?product_category_id=2&product_sub_category_id=6&menuHold=5)

Your flying school might sell a few copies...

Richard3
27th Jan 2012, 19:31
I am a student pilot and i want to know whether book 4 have tests in it?

dan_vector
27th Jan 2012, 22:22
AFAIK all of the APM volumes have some practice exam questions in the back of the book. For practice questions though the PPL Confuser or PPL Perfecter books are far better.

All of the APM books are available off the shelf from most of the online Pilot Retailers such as Pooley's, transair etc in the UK.