PDA

View Full Version : FAA Medical "Valid for flight test only"

this is my username
6th Sep 2011, 05:38
I have been issued an FAA medical with a "valid for flight test only" limitation pending an MFT due to vision. The covering letter refers to a "valid for student pilot privileges only" limitation allowing the holder to train for the test but doesn't refer to the "valid for flight test only" limitation.

I'm going to call the FAA later, but as a believer in knowing the answer before you ask the question, does anyone know whether I can undertake dual training for the test with this limitation? It wouldn't be an issue if I was in the UK, but can it be done in the US?

I will need to do some training for the MFT as although I have significant flying experience I've got only a few hours on aeroplanes and none on the type that I would be flying in the US and no experience of flying in the US.

Thanks

this is my username
6th Sep 2011, 18:24
Spoke to the FAA ..... they said that I can fly with a CFI to train for the test but I can't log the hours!

Have asked them is they can issue me a medical with Student Pilot privileges and will see what happens.