PDA

View Full Version : CPL automatically gives NQ?

Okavango
5th Sep 2011, 10:50
I have all the required training complete for issue of the NQ though never got it added to my license due to approaching Spring. If I now start my CPL and have the license issued, as the NQ training is a pre-requisite, does the CPL allow you to exercise NQ or does the NQ still need to be formally added (and fee paid!!) to the CAA?

cpumad
5th Sep 2011, 11:06
As the NQ s part of the CPL training, you will have a NQ as part of your CPL license. As far as I am aware, you don't need to have it on your PPL license prior to issue of CPL, just the training requirments.

Once you have that shiny blue book, you will have a NQ. As for keeping current, in order to take passengers you need at least one t/o and landing at night (as part of your 3 t/o and landings) in the past 90 days. Unless you have a valid IR

BillieBob
5th Sep 2011, 15:43
As the NQ s part of the CPL training, you will have a NQ as part of your CPL license.Not exactly. The modular CPL(A) course comprises 25 hours of dual flight instruction. If a night qualification is not already held, the course is extended by 5 hours of night instruction. It may well be cheaper to get the night qualification out of the way first, rather than pay for the 5 hours extra training at commercial rates.

cpumad
5th Sep 2011, 15:55
Yes, sorry Billiebob is right

igarratt
15th Sep 2011, 22:40
The school I used for my CPL the advanced training rate was close to £200 even on PA38 so extra 5 hours would have really hiked the price up, plus I doubt I could have bribed my instructor with anything less than 4 figure £ to stay until 9pm :)
Where now its getting darker earlier I now do night ratings for £820 over 2 / 3 nights.
Caa still charge be least there is no exam cost for once, wonder if EASA will change that :rolleyes: