PDA

View Full Version : New airport in bangkok for 2004 ?

Invaribly
25th May 2001, 23:22
Anyone know if its true and where in bangers it will be located?

Pom Pax
26th May 2001, 16:02
It is true if you believe the date, original date was 2000! That date was abandoned in Feb. '97. Worst forecast currently 2006.
Location is Nong Ngu Hao in Samut Prakan, east of Bangkok.
A search of the Bangkok Post site shows 934 related articles.

Pom Pax
31st May 2001, 13:29
Update
Transport Minister Wan Muhamad Nor Matha believes Nong Ngu Hao airport can be completed by December 2004 as scheduled after the design of its passenger terminal was concluded yesterday.
Should read redesign! Note date Dec.!!!!

The Fat Controller
31st May 2001, 15:09
Having been a frequent visitor to Thailand over the last 3 years, every time I have been past the site for the new airport, a tour guide has said "building new airport".
When I ask when will it be ready, met with a beautiful smile and a shrug of the shoulders.
As mentioned the terminal has been re-designed to save money, I personally think 2004 is very optimistic, we shall see....
Long live Don Muang, and I quite like it, although there can be a long walk involved, the staff are good, it's clean and the beer and food at the franchised outlets are not a rip-off !

------------------
FATCO

Pom Pax
12th Apr 2002, 03:59
Completion of Nong Ngu Hao airport may be delayed two or three years, says a source from New Bangkok International Airport Co.

Todays Bangkok Post.