PDA

View Full Version : Resignation number's...

Rim-job
3rd Sep 2011, 21:50
Just curious as to what the normal rate of pilots EK expect to lose each year?

I've run the the numbers and in the last 4 months, EK have lost 46 pilots. Average that over the course of 12 months and that's 138 pilots a year. Which is roughly 5%.

I know EK says that we are below the norm but I have a hard time believing that losing 130+ pilots (5% of our pilot group) a year is considered norm. Now obviously a few of these are retirements... but lets be honest here, your talking of maybe a handful at best. The rest have simply had enough and moved onto to brighter things.

Any idea what percentage is normal?

Interesting times ahead.... especially with all these aircraft coming. I see staffing issues being a major issue for years to come. :ugh:

DesertHawk
3rd Sep 2011, 22:05
sounds nice. remember we are in middle east. compare those numbers to gulf air we routinely lose approx 15 percent of our pilots and no one thinks anything is wrong, or can be tweaked to decrease the number:)

Skylight Dome
3rd Sep 2011, 22:56
I see staffing issues being a major issue for years to come.

I can't. The perspective of flying 777s or 380s will attract more than enough guys from everywhere. All management has to do is lower the entry-requirements, and there will be a couple of hundred more new joiners.

Look at Qatar and you see that they can treat you like horsesh!t and get away with it. They can pay you less and treat you worse, and still find somebody, without problem, to replace you.

xbleedstart
4th Sep 2011, 02:29
You couldn't be more right!

Wizofoz
4th Sep 2011, 04:58
As I've said before,though, even keeping the same attrition rate becomes more problematic as the capacity to train is not expanding at the same rate as the pilot numbers.

I don't know if their WILL be 130 resignations but, if they were and were predominantly Captains, that would mean about 1/3 of all training being just to cover attrition.

fatbus
4th Sep 2011, 05:33
You do have to average over the entire year, post profit share/summer always has an increase number of leavers. EK has said they will need recruit @ 500 / year for the next few years, I'm guessing that includes attrition