PDA

View Full Version : It's ok, I understand

Ali Barber
31st Aug 2011, 23:49
The military is a bit strapped at the moment, a few cash flow problems. Must be why I haven't been paid, although, to be fair, it could be due to the incompetence of the local banks who are relaxing and enjoying the Eid after Ramadan.:ugh:

jamesdevice
1st Sep 2011, 00:19
Monday was a bank holiday in the UK. If the payment originates from the UK, then the holiday could have delayed it

Dan Winterland
1st Sep 2011, 00:45
Or the uK banks are up to their old tricks and hanging on to your money for a while in a their holding account to make some money in interest. I've just had a big argument with mine after a telegraphic transfer took two days to appear in my UK account. , but the UK sharks tell me it takes time for the transfer to clear. That's bollox as anywhere else in the world it takes minutes.

Q-RTF-X
1st Sep 2011, 01:51
Or the uK banks are up to their old tricks and hanging on to your money for a while in a their holding account to make some money in interest. I've just had a big argument with mine after a telegraphic transfer took two days to appear in my UK account. , but the UK sharks tell me it takes time for the transfer to clear. That's bollox as anywhere else in the world it takes minutes.

Has to be up to their old tricks. Just last week I received a transfer from Thailand (a place not short on dubious practices) to my account here in the Philippines (the home of dubious and questionable practices). Money was sent mid afternoon one day and showed up in my account first thing following morning.

500N
1st Sep 2011, 01:56
Probably put it into the overnight money market for 2 days for a little healthy interest at your expense.

I know transfer to the US take 2 days, if not 3 days to show up.

Geehovah
1st Sep 2011, 06:07
I thought a bank holiday meant it went in a day early. No payment really would be a serious precedent!!

When my gratuity was paid, the financial wizards in Glasgow managed to send most of it to a closed account in the USA because of a JPA glitch.