PDA

View Full Version : 737 CL Single Engine Range

Alltheway
31st Aug 2011, 22:03
Fellow Aviators,

Having trouble finding SE Range for the 400.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

BEst Regards.

BOAC
1st Sep 2011, 15:04
It would help if you told us what you think 'SE Range' means?

punk666
1st Sep 2011, 15:18
BOAC, I seen you have covered a similar topic before back in 2006 :}
Does the SE distance to an airfield change with operator or is it stated in JAR-OPS?

Using the tables Ive calculated 360nm but I remember a captain getting 344nm.

BOAC
1st Sep 2011, 16:59
BIG assumption, but if the 'q' is about distance from an alternate, this (http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/208472-help-one-hour-single-engine-737-calculation.html) may answer the query. In EU land each company is required to specify a 'S.Eng cruise speed' and that determines the distance for the 1 hour limit. EU-OPS applies. ATW merely needs to look in his/her ops manuals (if he/she has any!:cool:) and the 'difficult' question will be magically solved.

Alltheway
5th Sep 2011, 16:14
Thanks for the useful info.

SE Cruise Range policy for me would be to firstly follow the SE Drift down procedure and then select FMC SE LRC Speed and manually plug into the MCP.

I note on the NG this is specified as 344nm but on the Classic FCOM the tables are a little eroneous.

I'll go for 344 as a distance to alternate. Thanks Guys.

BOAC
5th Sep 2011, 18:47
I suspect you are a little confused.

flyburg
5th Sep 2011, 20:39
BOAC is right, you are a little confused! Your part A will specify a single engine range for PLANNING purposes, it will also say zero wind conditions, once again for planning purposes. My manual says for the 73cl 360 miles and for the 73ng 370 miles. What you do enroute, during actual flight, may be completely different!

To many scenarios to discuss briefly here!

Listen to the old dinosaur though, usually he's right :-)

Alltheway
6th Sep 2011, 04:36
My question was simply relating to the actual range available in the SE Scenario.

As stated I'd follow Boeings Drift down and FMC LRC so my FOM PArt A doesn't come into the equation.

Full respect to anyone with a wealth of experience and knowledge but i'm failing to see this from forementioned poster.

I'm satisfied with the tables.

Denti
6th Sep 2011, 07:21
Don't understand the question then. Actual OEI case in flight, simply use the tables provided in your QRH, they are pretty easy to understand and there should be no confusion at all.

Planning or dispatch considerations as for example a take off alternate if you still happen to need one (none needed in a fail operational 737) should be found in your OM A.

BOAC
6th Sep 2011, 07:35
I note on the NG this is specified as 344nm but on the Classic FCOM the tables are a little eroneous. - this is where you appear to be 'confused' and are confusing us. 344nm/whatever has very little to do with drift down or QRP/H (or 'speed' - it is a distance!) and a lot to do with your company published 'regulatory' s/e speed. I think you would do best to ask a pilot who knows what he is talking about in your company? What is it in Denti's post that does not work for you?

Luv from the dino:)

Edit to add:: This should all have been covered in your training? Why wasn't it?