PDA

View Full Version : New T's + C's at Emirates?

kimcheejones
30th Aug 2011, 20:21
Over here in 'kimcheeland' there seems to be some interest in local F/O's moving to Emirates. I've flew with couple recently who are applying/going for interview's there. They are saying upgrade will be within 4 years with Emirates (at KAL it is much longer) and much of T/C's have recently gotten better there .... what ever that means. From the threads that I read now about Emirates, I haven't seen evidence of such an improvement. What has improved? (Other than salary, which I believe just occurred recently.)

EK_Bus Driver
31st Aug 2011, 02:59
Are you havin a laugh??

Keep dreaming Dude :}

thatwasclose
31st Aug 2011, 04:05
I dont think there are any improved T and C s. More like an end of the erosion of them. Things have calmed down a bit at EK and with the good bonus and upgrades running at four years now ( who knows down the road ) perhaps it looks like things are getting better when in fact its just a case of things not getting any worse. Still, its not the worse place to be. If local KAL guys are leaving then KAL better do something quick to improve their own package.

kimcheejones
31st Aug 2011, 22:42
'EK_Bus Driver' ..

Thank you, I'll keep dreaming.

..'thatwasclose'...

Thank you for the response. I don't know of any company where things are actually getting better. If upgrade is 4 years, that is not so bad. The "package" at KAL hasn't changed much for a long time, so some F/O's are looking elsewhere.

One more question, not so important, just interested. Who or what is "Ed, The Talking Horse?'

Kimcheejones

motley flight crue
1st Sep 2011, 07:03
They have to get in first. We only have 3 Koreans here. Most went to etihad
After missing EK. I doubt anyone in recruiting will care if this rumour is true!!!