PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience Sydney

Alex222
30th Aug 2011, 08:18
Hello everyone,
Before I have my "spiel", I wish to preface that, if this is in the wrong forum then please feel free to move/delete etc etc this post!
My name is Alex and I'm currently in the second last year of schooling, year eleven (well, still have university after that :cool: ).
I'm wondering if ANYONE, could provide me with information ON ANYTHING to do with the possibilities of work experience with SOMEONE in the next school holidays, even if it just an hour (hopefully more, but beggars can't be choosers!) The school holidays run from: the 23rd of September till the 10th of October. Anything in the Sydney area (including Bankstown or the like) would be great. Particularly, if someone has information on how I can get an opportunity with airservices (ATC), an airlines (REX,QFA,VOZ,JST,QLK) in any section of the company, hopefully operations or something like that (maybe if someone has information on Execujet or the like) I would be eternally grateful.
Trying to find this sort of information on the internet is impossible! :ugh:
I have my heart set on a career in aviation, hopefully as a pilot (life long dream) just getting there is the tough bit. I'm looking into doing a Bachelor of Aviation Management at UNSW, so work experience opportunities that tie in with that would be great!

Thanks for your time Alex!

Ultralights
31st Aug 2011, 09:43
Give the RAAF a call, i spent 2 weeks in the back of a 38 sqn Caribou in and out of Richmond.. :ok:

Xcel
31st Aug 2011, 12:07
I did mine at richmond as well. Also at a ga operator...

School career advisor organised all mine...

skyhawkmatthew
31st Aug 2011, 22:28
If you can get hold of a contact within an airline, you should be able to get an 'in'. For my work experience in 2009 I spent a week with Qantas at Mascot - maintenance, scheduling, operations, IFE, sims, everything there was there, basically! A friend in QF engineering management organised it all for me.

No actual flying involved though (outside the sims :D).