Howard Hughes
29th Aug 2011, 03:48
Never travelled with them personally, but I don't think you will go wrong.:ok:

Howard Hughes
29th Aug 2011, 03:49
That's weird, how did my post end up as number 1?:eek:

PA39
29th Aug 2011, 03:53
Looking for feedback on Royal Brunei, has anyone travelled with them?

Thanks for all and any info

TWT
29th Aug 2011, 04:05
Travelled with them 10 years ago from Singapore to Brunei return in a 767.No complaints,all good.

Jamair
29th Aug 2011, 04:44
Chimbu Chucks been on them a few times, check with him............

YPJT
29th Aug 2011, 06:34
Travelled PER-LHR back in 97 with them. Not a bad airline but we were in the posh bit so hard to say what it was like down the back. Worse part of all was the long transfer in Bandar Seri Begawan which was something like 3 hrs from memory. Then a stopover in the middle of the bloody night in Abu Dhabi although their scheduling and routing might be a bit friendlier these days.

Haven't considered them at all since for flights between AU and UK. For bugger all price difference there are much better options.

Metro man
29th Aug 2011, 06:56
Travelled with them a couple of times and was quite happy, OZ - LHR was three sectors instead of the normal two but got a night in a six star hotel in BSB on a free stop over.

Airline is non alcoholic, but if you can live without a drink and don't mind a few extra hours journey time they are worth looking at.

BrokenConrod
29th Aug 2011, 07:11
I hear that one of their pilots likes to do 8-point rolls. If you manage to dodge him, you'll be OK!

BC :cool:

Roti John
29th Aug 2011, 10:37
Operating B777s now, but you'd better be quick. Flights to/from Auckland, Brisbane and Perth are stopping at the end of October.

emeritus
29th Aug 2011, 11:58
When I was in Brunei in the early 90's the Airline went "dry" on the orders of the Religous Affairs Dept. Usually when this happened the Sultan countermanded it but eventually they must have got him "over a barrel".... :E . After that, one usually took your own and CC were happy to keep cold and serve it. Have not flown with them lately tho.

Emeritus

sisemen
30th Aug 2011, 01:25
Have done a couple of trips with them over the years; Singers-Bandar and Perth-LHR and return.

I'll vouch for odd scheduling but the worst thing was having, in addition to the safety brief for each sector, bloody prayers. To be fair, they probably worked as we didn't crash once.

And, of course, the GPS system has a constantly shifting marker to show you the direction of mecca (not sure whether that's the ballroom or the religious place :E).

Otherwise OK.

YPJT
30th Aug 2011, 01:37
And, of course, the GPS system has a constantly shifting marker to show you the direction of meccaWe jokingly referred to it as the Mecca NDB. I guess prayers in a holding pattern are a real bummer :E

Metro man
30th Aug 2011, 01:54
Try inserting "ISLAM" in the "PROG" page on the A320 MCDU. Gives you bearing and distance to Mecca.

Going Nowhere
30th Aug 2011, 03:14
We jokingly referred to it as the Mecca NDB. I guess prayers in a holding pattern are a real bummer

I guess you could chuck a Lazy Susan on the floor, might save the knees a bit? :E

Jabawocky
30th Aug 2011, 08:49
Have had 4 sectors and all good.

Crazy management seem to think chopping their feeder routes is good for business so you better get in soon.

havick
30th Aug 2011, 09:07
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/462064-royal-brunei-b777-emergengy-diversion-darwin-morming.html