PDA

View Full Version : Air arabia. hard time

tematuanui
28th Aug 2011, 15:20
ABY seems to be one of the lowest low cost in UAE...yeah, since 3 months she had experienced many depart by employees.. why?? salary drops down to 60% for the operation staff, same for łechanics and engineers...pilots and cabin crew are seriously thinking about moving to a real company...managers don't care about humans'conditons and use to treat people like slaves...
So if think about twice time before applying for them..

Jet Jockey A4
28th Aug 2011, 15:23
??????????

Wasp7320
2nd Sep 2011, 15:44
Hi Guy's;

Looking for any recent update about AirArabia Morocco.

Current situation / pilot satisfaction.
DEC Recruitment. (10.000 hrs TT / 6.000 on type).
T&C's / salary package / taxes issue.
Roster. Part-time. (1 week on - 1 week off / 1 month on - 1 month off).

Contact number or @mail adress.
Application on their website for months, but no reply.

In advance Many Thanks.

Safe flights & happy landings.
Le cap & le moral, du rhum & du Havane.

Free wing
14th Dec 2011, 20:01
All wrong salary is the same and no slaves in air Arabia just within limitation and in 1 year 6 pilots left

johnnyringo42
15th Dec 2011, 02:28
Maybe he is talking about a different Air Arabia not the one in UAE

Spoogie
15th Dec 2011, 02:44
hey dude...stop spreading bad rumors because you are leaving. The Koreans will make you feel much better when you get there.

bettigio
15th Dec 2011, 20:10
Totally wrong information.
And Yes I do work for Air Arabia UAE and I can confirm what I'm saying.
Few (6 in 1 year) FO's left for EK for better travel benefits and bigger birds, I never had any salary cut and we follow the Flight Time Limitations.

GoAround_Flaps20
16th Dec 2011, 22:36
Bettigio, can I send you some questions via PM? Or contact you via MSN?

Thanks and safe flights!

White Knight
16th Dec 2011, 23:57
Listening to you lot speak English (hahahahhahahaha) I think I'll drive to Nepal or Sharm El Sheikh:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::hmm:

Sounds like a bunch of idiots at AA...............

bettigio
17th Dec 2011, 15:07
Mr. White Knight: You sound like a 12 years old capricious boy:)
I would expect a more serious and mature comment from a 42 growup man.
What problem do you have with us "the idiots" from AA?

bettigio
17th Dec 2011, 15:16
GoAround_Flaps20: Please send me PM. I will be glad to answer your questions.

youli320
12th Feb 2012, 16:35
White knight .......................:ugh:

Domingas
1st Mar 2012, 09:52
The COO is Tweety the bird. His job is to keep the higher Gods informed about how many times each manager used the bathroom every day.:ugh:

green01
15th Apr 2012, 14:14
Hi Guys!! I have been working for AA for the last 4 years. i don't love the company as the same I don't love the 2 others airlines I've worked before.
We have problems like everywhere but what I can tell to you is:
My salary is good even higher comparing with any other airline in UAE.
They pay me school allowance to my children up to 100 000 dirhans/year.
They pay me house allowance enough to rent a nice villa with 3 bedrooms or a nice 4 bedrooms flat.
Laundry available inside of the company
Transportation allowance.
Meal allowance
Tickets to my family back home once a year
Once you reach your limitation they give you day off ,not stby not sim..I personally had every year since I started with AA around 45 days off in a row plus my 45 vacation days.
They give as default 5 days off together with any block of annual leave. Last month I used 10 days of annual leave and stay out of the sandpit for 17 days(What is not bad)
Every month I have 5 days off in a row plus my legal days off, of course.
The sim are quite fair as long as you prepare yourself and go to the box knowing what you are doing nobody screw you up.
Maintenance are okay and aircraft are brand new.
I've been here for the last 4 years I have never received any call or email from management asking why I put more fuel,diverted or grounded an aircraft, and I always fly with some extra fuel, already diverted and grounded.Of course using a common sense.
I am not here to defended AA and if I find any place better to work without any regret I'll go I just wanna be fair with the company and with other colleges that want to know more about the company.
Regarding to pilots leaving if I was young and still FO of course I would choose EK, big aircrafts, nice layovers(if UR on 777 or 380) and pretty flight atendentes.The rest my friend, don't expect much differences (90/hours with 8 days off and lots of homework) otherwise the deception can be big. Good and safe flights to all...

crazy_max
15th Apr 2012, 14:59
Well, look at that, an actual post from an adult.
Thanks Green.

Torontofly
1st Jul 2012, 13:57
Hi ,

I got shortlisted for the assessment day with Air Arabia for the Cabin Crew position this week in Sharjah. Can anyone please tell me what to expect at the assessment day for Cabin Crew with Air Arabia?
I couldn't find anything on the online forums.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif Looking forward to hearing from you

pushkraj
13th Jul 2012, 11:50
Hello everyone

I would like to apply for the POST FO with AA any one with relevant info please share .

Or how to apply ????
Thank U

abs_flier
4th Aug 2012, 13:15
Check their website , AA is hiring f/os , if you fulfill the requirements , they'll call you . Best of Luck

pushkraj
4th Aug 2012, 18:06
hey ... ABS.... thanks for the info :ok:

safeflyer2
23rd Nov 2014, 13:14
Hi Green 01,

Thanks for a nice and balanced write up about the company. Are you still around in the company and could you give an update of the current status?

Thanks.

Camille Borland
25th Nov 2014, 22:52
My brother met his wife in AA. They have been with the company for more than 10 years now (AA just started operating then). My brother started as a PSA and now he's the Manager of one of the departments. :)

Skyruler
7th Dec 2014, 03:30
Can you please tell me what is the total package of air Arabia for a captain if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance.

Siu Mo To
17th Feb 2015, 19:24
Can somebody tell me usually how long it will take before they will respond to a direct entry captain application? Thanks!

bettigio
20th Feb 2015, 19:54
Usually takes 2-4 weeks for an answer.

nitrowired
23rd Feb 2015, 06:26
Air Arabia is in business as usual. For the last 7 years it has been almost the same tune for me. Do you job, max out and go home for 2 month. Its hard work but the money is decent. Roster is a bit low on the off days but some days you just do Doha and go home, so you actually spend 4 hours at work. The big issue is for the MPL since they get half the salary for way too long. DEC seems to get a fair deal as there is a strong influx. Its not a career airline, but which one is nowadays?

abby001
23rd Feb 2015, 15:25
@nitrowired
since you work with AA, may I ask couple of questions about the airline?
How much of layover do pilots get in a month? (a lot of dest. seem like a turn around to me!)
Does AA also work like you opt for flights you wanna do (like the system I heard of that works in Emirates and some other major airlines), which is like you mostly work out your own schedule?
Does the airline provide housing for its pilots? And are they good?

Thanks in advance.

nitrowired
24th Feb 2015, 08:17
You can expect around 15 duty days a month, out of those 6 to 8 are night flights. Mostly 2 sectors a day and one a month 4 short sectors( shj-doh-shj + shj-lrr-shj) layover in CMB, CGP, DAC once a month on average. Latly maybe a bit more since we have a layover from rak to dac and cgp( only after night flight).
Latovers are min rest but nobody complains sice you do not want to stay in Bangladesh anyway. Hotel is substandard to my opinion, other people are ok with it. Its the only hotels in those places( CGP and DAC).
As a Capt you get basic, school allowance, housing, transport and uniform allowance + flight pay.
Basic: 22 to 31k depend on hours on type.
Housing: 12 k
School: 33k/yr per kid
Transport: 2k
Uniform: 500
Flight pay: that depends and ranges from nothing to way over 20k if you push your self.

As Fo its really a bad deal, usted to be good but now with a lot of MPL guys pushing the demand the salary is really low. I would say unlivable in UAE.
We do have a bidding system but it works kind of weird so you might get one out 5 flights you are entitled to bid. Outcome is never guaranteed.

Work hard, play by the rules and do not stick your head too much and you will be fine. hit you 900 y year as soon as you can a go home. That was my way of live close to a decade now.( I average out 45 ALV + 45 Off/ yr).And by the way our 100hr a month are always stick time:}
Caprains can have commuting rosters and from what I hear people are happy, 6/2w or 3/1mt.
One warning though, never come here for command upgrade, or further promotion. Failure rate for upgrade is beyond understandable and only 1 out of 10 maybe makes the change from right to left. 3 chances are given and most people fail all 3 and leave. I stuck around because I got through.

Rock320
24th Feb 2015, 10:36
What's the bond like? And is it possible you work here for a year or 2, gain hours and move on to the neighbouring unmentionable? ?

nitrowired
24th Feb 2015, 11:46
Bond is changing all the time but usually its substantial even if you come rated and experienced. There were people who left to go and work for the neighbours but rumor is that there is some sort of no poaching agreement now in place. However thats just a rumour.

Siu Mo To
13th Mar 2015, 17:09
Thanks bettigio.

Any info about the Jordan base? Good and bad etc...

Appreciate if anyone can share their experience of the sim, psyc test and panel interview. Thanks!

Officer Kite
23rd Mar 2015, 14:31
As far as I can see, the Air Arabia MPL has to be the worst cadet pilot deal out there. It is extortionately expensive and beats anything of the like that we have in the Europe. The remuneration isn't in proportion to the money spent at all and accomodation isn't included, uniforms and medical renewal fees aren't even included, I don't know how they can even begin to jusitify the high price. Make sure to read the small print, there is a AED 110,000 to be signed over by cheque at the end of your training for line training, a bit of p2f thrown in too it would seem.

Officer Kite
23rd Mar 2015, 22:22
Aiza you don't seem to know an awful lot about the current cadet pilot scene so I wouldn't take such a smart tone.

To start, with the AirArabia MPL you have to pay just short of £600 in order to be assessed, that would send most logical people running (it did for me anyway). Added to the fact that the course itself is priced at way above what would be perceived to be the market value for it. As well as not even having the very basics such as accomodation, medical renewal, uniforms etc. I'm sorry but I simply cannot see anything good about this programme other than the fact it gives you a place on the flight deck, but there are far cheaper options out there that offer the same type of guarantee so I can't see why anyone in their right mind would go for this.

As for You don't find a therotical 18 month program and 1500 hours on jet any where else right?

You're joking right ? I suggest you start doing some proper research on what is out there before coming to nonsensical conclusions. There are plenty of other schemes out there with far greater security and at a cheaper price (namely the ones that don't charge £600 for an assessment !)

Officer Kite
25th Mar 2015, 00:25
I find it extremely hard to believe you're a cadet given that thread you started. If you're already a cadet what good is it knowing what other programmes are out there considering you've already started ?

radical_100
30th Apr 2015, 16:51
Any info on DEC at AA is much appreciated:

1. Actual Pay for 90-100 hours a month (PM will do just fine, or enough information to calculate it)
2. Whether accommodation is manageable on the pay/allowance
3. Scheduling - someone mentioned that it's an average of 15 working days/month. Does one manage to bunch off time so as to be able to go home etc?
4. The annual leaves are in addition to what one might get after maxing his/her time out?

hitansh
26th Aug 2017, 17:28
Is Air Arabia Cadet Program for pilots worth it ? How much is the cost and other factors to be considered to join ?