PDA

View Full Version : JAR type 1 rating with psychosis??

Peugeot205GTi
24th Aug 2011, 19:54
Hi all

I'm looking to embark on the BA future pilots plan however they, understandably, require a JAR type 1 rating (I hope I have that definition correct).

Thing is, I fear I will fail on many points, and wondered if PPrune pilots might be able to advise?

- I suffer depression and, despite being offered, do not take Seroxat (an anti-depressant)
- I have poor hearing in my right ear
- Last Xmas I suffered with an episode of psychosis for a week - this involved hullucinations and delusions. Drugs control this, although I would be ok without drugs
- My BMI is about 30. I am 6 foot tall and weigh 19 stone.

My main concern is the psychosis, and am loathe to invest loads of effort into something that I will never achieve due to medical reasons.

If anyone could advise, especially re the psychosis, I'd be much obliged.

Foniac
24th Aug 2011, 20:30
The easiest thing to do is either give the CAA a ring at the medical department and explain your situation or just go and have a medical test done... that way at least if you find out you can't get a class 1 you won't be spending your time for nothing.

Irish_Avro_Driver
29th Aug 2011, 15:34
If you are currently taking an Antipsychotic for your "psychosis" then i doubt you will get a class 1 - I think they need a clear year on no medication.

But call and ask. I mean you can always apply to BA -if your thinking of splashing 80K on this then the 200 application isnt going to hurt right ?

Sygyzy
29th Aug 2011, 18:38
Ok, I'll bite.

To avoid future psychosis I suggest Try Reading Other Lighter Lyrics.

I would also advise not to mention any convictions until the interview stage.

S