PDA

View Full Version : It's called the ROYAL air force....

Grob Driver
24th Aug 2011, 19:37
Sorry, but this really annoys me... The Royal Air Force. The most professional bunch of guys on the planet... With outstanding pilots etc... And we're advertising for a civilian chief pilot.

Well, if you want to fly the queen, stick in your PVR, and apply HERE (https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTIwMDMzNCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NDgmb3duZXI 9NTA0MDk2OSZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnBvc3RpbmdfY29 kZT0yMTEmcmVxc2lnPTEzMTQyMTQ4ODMtNDU4MjRkNmQzZTJjN2JiMTUwMGM 5NWIzOWI2ZTQwODI1YjYxNzI0Nw==)

Grob Driver
24th Aug 2011, 19:44
Yes, I'm well aware of that... But why are we paying private contractors to fly the Royal family around? It's not an anti Royal thing.. I just thing that the Royal family should be flying around by the ROYAL air force.... Or perhaps I'm just living in the past?

ex-fast-jets
24th Aug 2011, 19:46
But only if you can't spell!!

"It provides a first class helicopter service to Memebers of the Royal Family engaged on official duties."

What is a "Memeber" in Royal terminology??

Any ideas??

I'm Off!
24th Aug 2011, 19:48
Errr, it's a privately operated helicopter, hence advertising for a civilian CP with an ATPL(H). S-76 has been used under this sort of arrangement for years...

airpolice
24th Aug 2011, 19:55
Grob Driver, I read it twice but can't find any reference to the RAF, what's it got to do with Military Aircrew?

Y'see, the thing is, "We" are not paying for it. Buck House pays and the Civvy operators can do a better job of it than the RAF can. The RAF have all sorts of other short notice priorities but the civvy operators can turn down the ****ty jobs and stick to the VVIP Transport stuff.

Seldomfitforpurpose
24th Aug 2011, 19:55
Grob Driver, I read it twice but can't find any reference to the RAF, what's it got to do with Military Aircrew?

A lot of the threads and the vast majority of posters in this forum have sweet FA to with Military Aircrew so why should this one be any different?

Grob Driver
24th Aug 2011, 20:03
I just thought it was a duty that 32 (The Royal) Squadron could pick up...

I'll get my coat.

Danscowpie
24th Aug 2011, 20:10
Concur with AirPolice.
The helicopters in question are dedicated to the task of Royal and VVIP/Governmental transport, without a doubt far better maintained and aside from things that go bang, have far superior internal equippment than any equivilant military helicopter tasked to do the job.
Not only that and probably more importantly, they come in at a significantly cheaper hourly rate than any military equivilant.
Finally, most of the crews are ex military with thousands of hours doing similar jobs.

I don't know what all the fuss is about.:ugh: