PDA

View Full Version : PPL Hire Las Vagas

cdelta
24th Aug 2011, 14:11
Hi I am a PPL in the UK and looking to go across to the states around October time.

Whilst there I would like to hire a C172 PA28 or a C182 to fly into Las Vegas and surrounding area - Yellowstone Park / San Francisco.

I haven’t done much research yet so was wondering if anybody out there has any experience and any tips. Which is the best to fly into and what’s the best on getting around etc, Appreciate long way between Yellowstone and Vegas so may look at different bases taking commercial flights between them or driving.

I am pretty flexible about starting at LA San Francisco or Vegas. Any help would be appreciated

Andrew

julian_storey
24th Aug 2011, 21:17
These guys are a pretty decent bunch . . .

West Air Aviation (http://www.westairaviation.com/)

NukeHunt
30th Aug 2011, 21:05
I'm using Monarch Sky based at Henderson, about 15 mins from the strip. They have a great fleet including 2 G-1000 C172's for the equivalent of £95/hr wet !!.

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
31st Aug 2011, 10:23
monarch sky :ok: used them couple of years ago hired a diamond 40 did the canyon, monument valley etc.

Ask for instructor Bill, top chap !

EDMJ
31st Aug 2011, 12:14
If I'm not mistaken, my local flying school here in South Germany cooperates with the aforementioned West Air Aviation, with groups of pilots going every year to fly there. Never heard anything negative from these trips, quite the contrary, actually....

david viewing
31st Aug 2011, 13:02
West Air had a similar link to Walkbury in UK before John sold up, but I'm not sure if much came of it.

October is a good time in Vegas, temps and winds less strong, snow yet to come. (Yes it does snow in Vegas! - but I meant on the terrain surrounding).

cdelta
1st Sep 2011, 12:18
Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated