PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurence (ex-pat in DXB)

Bus429
24th Aug 2011, 08:11
Hi All,

Returned to Dubai for second round of ex-patism in January. Until recently held comprehensive travel insurance but most of what you purchase in the UK & EU relies on your travelling from your home there. Any recommendations for a provider that can provide cover for a UAE resident? (And, if it matters, still has an address in the UK?)
(I'm currently in the UK on leave and realised travel insurance has expired!):ugh:

Praise Jebus
24th Aug 2011, 09:39
Try ihi.com

Jet II
24th Aug 2011, 16:31
Axa do travel insurance for UAE residents.

helen-damnation
25th Aug 2011, 06:19
If you can claim any "reasonable" link to the UK military, try PAX. Very cheap, good cover.

Panama Jack
25th Aug 2011, 07:22
I love this travel insurance company:

World Nomads - Travel Insurance Quote (http://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/get-a-quote.aspx)

It covers me for most any activities that I enjoy doing. Be sure to read the fine print on insurance coverage. I found that the AXA insurance doesn't cover you terribly well if you plan activities much more adventurous on your vacation than sitting around in a hotel lobby or strolling about in the shopping mall.

The bonus with World Nomads is you can buy it from any computer using a credit card. :ok:

(Hint: Do a google search for World Nomads discount code or promo code to easily get yourself a 5% to 7% discount on their rates). :E

Demented
25th Aug 2011, 08:26
Royal Sun Alliance, also online, quick and easy....