PDA

View Full Version : UK Defence Helicopter Article in Flight Magazine

MaroonMan4
23rd Aug 2011, 14:53
For those (non-job hunting) that do not normally get Flight International magazine there are a couple of good articles in this week's Flight on the Chinnie :ok: and JHC.

Good positive media stuff in general, with our own light blue lead for the CH47 article and an Army one from JHC. I think that our Boss here may put a few people's noses out in his statement that the IRT capability 'wont go into another platform' (when historically both the Merlin and Sea Kings have done a superb job, and other nations do not 'waste' their scarce heavy lift with CASEVAC/MEDEVAC roles) - but I understand why he said it.

And I also like the Army bloke and associated authors take on the future of Merlins that leaves the door wide open for continued room for manoeuvre for us despite the recent announcement for the Merlins to transfer to the Fisheads, 'Their long-term use is yet to be fully determined, although current plans call for the services' HC3/3As to be transferred to the navy, to replace its Commando Helicopter Force's Sea King HC4s and support future amphibious and deployed operations.

Key words: 'Yet to be determined' and 'current plans'

Junglydaz
23rd Aug 2011, 21:21
Compare that to the interview in Jane's with Capt Pentreath (my old CO). Makes you wonder who to believe doesn't it?