PDA

View Full Version : Sale: Sterling assets

500e
23rd Aug 2011, 09:54
The sale has started at Stirling (Private Treaty)
Edward Symmons - Machinery Sales (http://www.edwardsymmons.com/pages/machinery_sales.php)

John R81
23rd Aug 2011, 11:20
You mean the BO 105s

G-BYFA 1977 with troop seats
G-EYNL 1979 air ambulance

bladegrabber
23rd Aug 2011, 12:36
No sign of the 300cbi then ? wonder when that will re-emerge?

BG

Coriolis
23rd Aug 2011, 13:07
GINFO Registration History | Aircraft Register | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=reg&fullregmark=CDOJ)

You'll note CDOJ was safely hoovered away from Sterling as of Feb this year..... so may no longer be a Sterling asset.

A G-INFO search on Sterling Helicopters Ltd and Alan Mann Aviation Group Ltd (as distinct from any Fairoaks-based Companies of a similar name) makes interesting reading, especially when compared to the same search 12 months ago......

DennisK
23rd Aug 2011, 20:42
BG ... 300 CBi, G-CDOJ transferred to Fast @Shoreham. Completed a PPL(H) on her last week. Dennis K

bladegrabber
24th Aug 2011, 03:10
DK

thats good news i'm glad its flying again, nice aircraft which i flew regularly until Sterling went bust.

BG

helihub
24th Aug 2011, 06:51
The two 105s are also registered to Alan Mann Aviation Group Ltd, so are they being disposed as part of the liquidation of Sterling, or not? The thick plotens!

The aircraft registered to Sterling are

AS355 - G-BMTC, G-FFRI and G-TOPS
BK117 - G-OEMT and G-RESC
B206 - G-BXNS and G-BXNT
Citation 560 jet - G-PPLC

jonwilson
24th Aug 2011, 13:35
I have seen two Sterling Jetrangers advertised on the online helicopter trader website so I guess that signifies that end.

I did my 206 conversion on one of those a while back with Dick Bendy. If only I had the money to buy it now but I woud not say they are advertised as a bargain.

If they are a distressed sale then they have no intention of getting rid sharp at that price.

Real shame.

Whirlygig
24th Aug 2011, 16:13
Make them an offer! They can only say "no". :)

Cheers

Whirls

787-1
24th Aug 2011, 16:58
I have seen two Sterling Jetrangers advertised on the online helicopter trader website so I guess that signifies that end.

I did my 206 conversion on one of those a while back with Dick Bendy. If only I had the money to buy it now but I woud not say they are advertised as a bargain.

If they are a distressed sale then they have no intention of getting rid sharp at that price.

Real shame. That's because they don't belong to Sterling - they sold them a while ago :ok: