PDA

View Full Version : Cheap place(Country) to get Frozn APTL and MCC

eric lee
22nd Aug 2011, 06:13
Hey guys~~

My name is Eric from Korea. It's my second time to ask a question.

I decide to convert my FAA to JAA to be able to get Frozen(ATPL).

Do you know any place (Country) where I can do as cheap as possible.

(I will be even more happy to give me the school informaton.)

and how much normally take to complete both Frozen(ATPL) and MCC.

Please Give me any advice you have!!!

Cheers!!

ford cortina
22nd Aug 2011, 07:55
I do believe the question was already answered, after looking at your previous post.
Conversion will take approx a year.
Cost anywhere from £15,000 upwards.
Mcc around £2,000

kaptn
22nd Aug 2011, 09:28
certainly not in Europe, taking into account the exchange rates...I would re-command the America continent...

Jerry Lee
22nd Aug 2011, 12:20
Greece? Check the prices out.

usualguy
22nd Aug 2011, 19:30
why do you convert?

that really bugs me that guys want to convert and spend another 40-50'000 $.

I convert my license years ago, and never got a job on my JAA license.

always on my FAA.

Recruiter prefer US licenses, cheaper to maintain current than the JAA system.
I have friends who are still flying ( business Jets)with their US license and are not US citizen, they have a job and they did pay 25'000 for their CPL.

zondaracer
22nd Aug 2011, 22:53
Eric - there are many options for conversion, unfortunately none are fast or cheap. Some are less expensive, some are more expensive. One of the problems is that every country in the JAA system is a little different, so maybe you go to Spain because it sounds cheaper, but then you wait forever for your license or they only do theory exams once every three months. Maybe you go to UK, but everything is so expensive. Maybe you try one of the JAA schools in the USA, but they turn out to be very slow.

I can tell you that I did a conversion and it took almost 1 year and cost about $15,000.

I did my ATPL exams in the UK, my CPL in the UK and my IR conversion in Spain. I did my MCC at FSB Berlin because they were the cheapest (€1680).

Greece might be a good alternative for prices but I dont have any experience with any schools in Greece. My French friends tell me that France is very expensive for any flight training. Spain is good for prices but the licensing authorities are not very efficient.

If you want soecifics on schools, PM me.

Usualguy - this thread is not about why someone should do a JAA conversion or not. We are not questioning motives. Everyone has their reasons. Besides, I have even seen airlines in Asia that accept JAA licenses but not FAA. Also, for those living in JAA land and working on an FAA certificate, things are supposed to change when EASA comes into action. Lastly, most jobs in Europe require a JAA license. I don't see anything wrong with someone seeking to do a conversion especially if they live in Europe.