PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Mechanical Engineer to become a pilot

adarob
22nd Aug 2011, 04:51
hey there

well im 23 years old , aircraft maintenance & engineer @ Sudan airways on A320 & A300 , i'd like to become a pilot also if god willing , my question is am i gonna to have a pilot licenses (ppl,cpl,ir,atpl) in less time than people who are new (ab intio) , in other words as i said above that i am an AME , is the flight academy have special treatment for those who studied any field in aviation specially aircraft maintenance & engineering , beside that im very good in flight simulator & i am IVAO member .

another question , my vision without glasses is 12/6 on both eyes , but when i wear my glasses i see 10/10 & i have no color blind , can i become a pilot with glasses or no ?

thnx

EDITED BY HWB
adarob
The letters AME normally refer to an Aviation Medical Examiner

mad_jock
22nd Aug 2011, 09:15
I would say no, you will have to jump through the same hoops as everyone.

It is also very dependent on which authority you are going to do your training through.

The eye sight issues is also dependent on which authority you are doing you training under. Generally there isn't a problem with glasses depending how strong they are.

ec155mech
22nd Aug 2011, 09:55
doing the same thing.. and there is no special treatment.. at least not in the UK.

but it does give you an advantage due to knowing technical systems and aerodynamics ect already.

so most of it is brush up course ;)