PDA

View Full Version : Hardest part of ATPL Ground School?

Si
4th Aug 2001, 17:51
Hi,

I will shortly be starting my Ground School for an ATPL, just wanted to know from those of you that have done it, what is or are the hardest parts of the course??

Thanks

wysiwyg
4th Aug 2001, 18:21
Parting with the cash :D

nobody
4th Aug 2001, 19:23
I think the hardest part is the quantity of information involved not the difficulty.

Ennie
4th Aug 2001, 20:21
I agree, the quantity is the problem more so than the actual level of difficulty, well from my experience anyway. You'll love Meteorology! :D :D :D

low n' slow
5th Aug 2001, 17:55
Yep, quantity will be your problem. Eventhough I'm only doing the CPL course, I find quantity to be the problem. It also depends on the teachers mentality. Sometimes you get old blokes that have a true reason for teaching and are truly motivated, and sometimes you get young people who just wants get their teaching experience and then move along to the airlines... I've seen it happen anyway...
Just plan your time carefully and you'll make it fine!
regards/lns

Puritan
5th Aug 2001, 18:20
Other than there being a fair amount of it, none of it's rocket science, indeed I'd say it was no harder than school O'levels (uhm, do they still have O'levels ? ).

Accordingly, and outside of the horrendous (read, extortionate) cost, perhaps the hardest part is opening the envelope with the results inside.

However, and now for 'top tip #4278' : When said results envelope drops on the mat, hold it up to the light and if you see nought but white then you've passed. However if it's coloured then you've stuffed up, because along with your results it also includes an exam retake form for you to complete for another attempt !

Si
5th Aug 2001, 18:29
I shall be looking forward to that day then!

northern boy
5th Aug 2001, 21:48
Apart from the cost, trying to memorize all the different bits of climatology.

Nightmare!.

Perf A wasn't much better although I don't think they use the VC10 anymore.

It's nice when it stops,all the best of luck.