PDA

View Full Version : Etihad USA Roadshows

Flyer1015
19th Aug 2011, 03:57
Does anyone know if Etihad is still requiring time-in-type for the A320 fleet, because the roadshows here will be attended by pilots from regionals with RJ time. No one at JetBlue, Delta, or any other major US airline is going to leave the Airbus to come to Etihad. Unless they are furloughed, but now the hiring has started at majors, and the trend is going back up to more hiring.

Who does Etihad hope to reach out to at the USA roadshows if they dont accept RJ pilots. Anyone have an email for the appropriate HR person at Etihad who might answer if RJ guys might be considered, thanks.

Severely Jetlagged
22nd Aug 2011, 04:29
The requirements for the A320 are posted on the Etihad Careers webpage and it does say you must be A320 current.

Aymane
22nd Aug 2011, 18:39
Good luck to etihad airways on there roadshow to usa ;)

mideastflyer
25th Aug 2011, 01:37
I flew with a guy from recruitment and what he said was the road show is open to all pilots as they know sooner or later the rated pool of pilots will be finished and they will need none rated pilots even for Airbus and thats why all RJ pilots who come will be able to submit a CV.

They did the same in their ASIA tour as well. Just some information to share.

Hope this helps

BeCareful
25th Aug 2011, 05:46
Nah, these guys just want a US vacation. It's a waste of time. Who in their right mind in the US would want to work for EY? If someone is typed and current in A320, they're far better off going to China... far better pay... rotation schedules, etc..

Etihad just recently had a fair in Hong Kong and I know some 737NG captains that applied.... but Etihad wouldn't consider them for A320 since they're not type rated on 320.

It just tells me they don't need pilots bad enough.

slimy
25th Aug 2011, 05:52
Oh! They do need pilots as the ones they have now are working hard and some not getting their leave entitlement this year; because of shortage of pilots? I would guess so!:hmm:

Aymane
25th Aug 2011, 08:04
then how about ey start using there heads and start to accept rj guys just like ek and qr.....or ever people who are type rated......cant wait to see the outcome of the results..... and i know that captain from h.K personally and they told him we are not hiring non type rated b777 but says on there website that they are.......

cant wait to see the outcome !

Severely Jetlagged
25th Aug 2011, 09:15
not hiring non type rated b777

That is Captain or First Officer?

Aymane
25th Aug 2011, 19:30
first officer.....but if you ask them they say we are not hiring non type rated b777 first officer....but yet its on there website