PDA

View Full Version : Qatar jobs

jjeppson
18th Aug 2011, 20:31
Just received an unsolicted offer from Qatar Airlines for 777 CA position. Would appreciate feedback from anyone working for Qatar. Looking for pay rates, work schedules, and living conditions in Doha. Would just be a 1 year contract.
Thanks.

Airmann
18th Aug 2011, 20:39
Is it authentic? this warning has been on their careers page for a while now.

Unauthorised Advertisements Offering Employment Opportunities With Qatar Airways | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/unauthorised-employment-adverts.html)

jjeppson
18th Aug 2011, 22:20
Thanks for the feedback. Yea, it is probably a spoof; here is the email I received:

Dear Fellow Crewmember:
Paramount is pleased to announce IMMEDIATE openings for CURRENT and QUALIFIED B-777 Captains and First Officers with Qatar Airways in Doha, Qatar with an INDUSTRY LEADING COMPENSATION PACKAGE

This will be a one (1) year term lease contract.* The base will be Doha.
The requirements are as follows:
CAPTAINS
ICAO ATPL
B-777 Type Rating
B-777 Proficiency Check within previous 12 months
500 hours PIC on Type
No History of Incidents or Accidents
Max Age:* 64
FIRST OFFICERS
ICAO ATPL
B-777 Type Rating
B-777 Proficiency Check within previous 12 months
300 hours SIC on Type
No History of Incidents or Accidents
Max Age:* 64
Terms and Conditions are available by request only per customer’s policy.
For complete terms and conditions and to apply please forward a current resume/CV to Mr. Leonardo Garcia at [email protected] +1-540-318-5420, ext 112.

Wayland Johnson

Chairman

+1.800 .620.7130
+1.540.318.5420, ext. 102
[email protected]
Flight Crew Leasing and Recruiting Services - Paramount Aviation Resources Group, Inc. (http://www.Paramountarg.com)
skype - wdatparamountarg

jjeppson
18th Aug 2011, 22:29
Went to the Qatar site and they are hiring 777 qualified Captains and First Officers. Paramount is probably a scam.

jj

gb777
18th Aug 2011, 22:40
Company allegedly founded by retired pilots. Had some courteous e-mail exchanges with them in 2010, when they where seeking pilots for Turkish.
I have however no idea of their track record, so still, it could be a scam...

headhunter12
3rd Sep 2011, 18:14
Dear Fellow Aviators,

I am just making this post to clarify some points about Paramount Aviation Resources Group. We only post legitimate job listings and our company is run by current and former major airline pilots. We take our responsibility very seriously having previously been in the same position of our current pilot clients.

We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity and are more than happy to answer any questions you make have.

Should anyone have any question or concerns, you may email me directly at [email protected] or call at +1.540.318.5420, ext. 110.

Best Regards to All,

Ayman Y. Jarrah
Vice President of Recruitment Services

headhunter12
6th Sep 2011, 05:32
Dear Marvelman,

I am more than happy to discuss this issue with you on the telephone at anytime. Firstly, I agree with you that there are scams posted occasionally on the internet by various groups. It is a regrettable part of the industry.

Paramount takes pride in maintaining a commitment to excellence and integrity. I give you my personal and professional commitment that Paramount does not now, nor will we ever, misrepresent job opportunities (i.e., post scams). We believe that transparency is the best policy and this is why we post all of the job terms for each vacancy openly on our website. Many agencies, as you know, do not. Our goal is very simple: To provide good job opportunities and outstanding support for professional crewmembers. We currently have crewmembers working for airlines throughout the world and maintain excellent relationships with them.

I applaud your efforts to flag illegitimate jobs as a warning to other pilots. Aviation is a small community and it is up to all of us to look out for each other.

You raise excellent points and I am always available to answer your questions. I invite you to contact me at [email protected] or +1.540.318.5420, ext. 110. Alternatively, if you provide me with your contact information I will gladly call you and answer your questions.

Best Regards and Good Luck to you,

Ayman Y Jarrah
Vice-President of Recruitment Services

Linerider
6th Sep 2011, 19:14
I don't know if this is legitimate or a scam, but if anyone is interested in applying for the role, then give Qatar Airways HQ a call beforehand and ask their HR department if they are using an agency called Paramount. The telephone number for Qatar Airways HQ is +974 4449 6000

Flytdeck
12th Sep 2011, 08:34
Marvelman:

Personally, I believe that the recruiter gave you a legitimate answer to your query. If you are unhappy with his response after talking with him, THEN post and tell everyone why. Otherwise your response, in my opinion, is not really adding to the thread. Rather than re-stating, suggest you get MORE information and pass it along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently on the first day of the selection process in DOH. Interesting mix of candidates from around the world including Argentina, Morocco, Thailand, Canada, and Turkey. Mix of Captains and F/Os.

I applied directly to the QATAR Airways website. They are currently holding recruiting seminars in other parts of the world. There are advantages working through an agency (have previously worked with PARC) though here, one becomes an employee rather than a contract worker. No union, of course.

So far, this has been a positive experience. The morning presentation was cursory but informative, the exam had 50 questions that had me thinking back to my private pilot days. All 12 candidates passed, though many were unsure when leaving the room.

Interview is this afternoon and an A330 simulator test late tonight (starting 23:30). Should be interesting for a Boeing guy to see how the dark side operates ;)

Nice hotel here. Staying at the Oryx Rotana beside the airport. The new airport is visible in the distance and looks very impressive.

Will try and get back to this thread to answer any other questions. Please be patient as my participation rate at this site is rather spotty.

Non Zero
12th Sep 2011, 11:39
Generally speaking, agency can make your life easier ... don't know if applicable in QR!
Airmann gave a very good advice which I'll strictly follow if I would like to land the job in QR ... and in same occasion it's much more convenient to talk direct to the Company instead of an intermediate person, do you agree?
Company recruitment works just fine ... you don't need an agency... just a lot of patience!

Flytdeck
12th Sep 2011, 13:07
Just through the interview process and proceeding on to the simulator evaluation this evening. Of our group of 11, two I know of did not make it through the interview. Suspect one of them due to difficulties with English.

Others said that they were asked question after question. In my case, there were several events in my past that applied to the questions they asked, therefore gave them as detailed account as possible of the scenario and how it was resolved. This cut down the number of questions while helping to complete their criteria.

So far. so good. All the people I have talked to here seem genuine and pleasant. VERY nice lunch buffet paid for by QATAR and the simulator times have been moved up to mid evening rather than the middle of the night :ok:

Using an Airbus 320 simulator. Recall something about the control column is missing?????

QCM
16th Sep 2011, 18:17
[email protected] Marvelman go to Bangkok you need a good massage and some stress removal you keep barking after every postman:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Flytdeck
24th Oct 2011, 21:10
I think Marvelman must have taken your advice. He picked up his bat and ball and has departed for destinations unknown on this forum (or at least, this thread :ok: ).

Through the selection process and now have job offer sitting in front of me. The base pay seems a bit slim at QAR 31,000 for B777 skipper. Has this gone down recently?

Capt Krunch
25th Oct 2011, 05:09
The base pay seems a bit slim at QAR 31,000 for B777 skipper. Has this gone down recently?

No it has not. Capt basic salary 10yrs ago was QAR 16,000 and housing allowance was QAR 4000. so if anything it has gone up not down. Todays start salary is as you mentioned QAR 31,000 with a housing allowance for Capt of QAR 12,000 IF you do not live in company accommodation.
with your basic salary you can add your flight pay which is QAR 120 per hour for Capts. if you calculate a 80hr month, your average monthly salary is approx 11,000+ USD.. tax free in your pocket. it increases annually over 10yrs to QAR 40,000 basic, then after all allowances its about 15,000 USD.
To help my compromise i just ask myself.. How much money does one person expect for sitting at the pointy end of an aluminium tube trying to stay awake :zzz:

Luke SkyToddler
25th Oct 2011, 06:39
All the agencies that recruit for QR are only headhunters - the contract of employment you sign will be with the airline itself.