PDA

View Full Version : TTIS on maintenance releases.

nomorecatering
17th Aug 2011, 10:51
Ive been part of this industry for 27 years, and for the whole of this time, even though the rules state that the TTIS be entered on the MR at the end of the day. The accepted practice has been to enter it before the first flight of the next day.

We have been told that this is no longer acceptable. Now we have to check if the aircraft is scheduled to fly again that day, and enter the TTIS in at the end of the flight. Now if scheduling makes tail number changes, and the aircraft does another flight, it will have to be dailied...again. The whole process repeated.

Not to mention CASA audits, oh your pilot flew 27hrs in one day. Obviously a typo on flight and duty times, or staff training folder doesnt have a contents page.

Safety initiatives done, big effort to show how we have increased the safety IN FLIGHT,and waiting to show CASA. Are they interested?? Nooooooooooooooo!!!. They dont want to know what goes on in the air.

How can anyone take CASA seriously.

Ixixly
17th Aug 2011, 11:07
Don't know where you're at nomorecatering, i'm still a relatively green guy but at my company if someone forgets to do that they get their butt kicked the next day if the CP finds out!! Last flight of the day, you finish your paperwork before you go home, Trip Sheets, MR, Charter Sheets, the lot!

eocvictim
17th Aug 2011, 11:19
My previous 2 employers were 24/7 and had the same policy, when you hand over an aircraft you total the MR and the new pilot signs it off. You may have 4 signatures on one day with the final pilot totalling his on the previous days entry because he's flown through 'til the next morning. Pretty simple system and I can't flaw it. I would still daily an aircraft on a hand over from a 20,000hr colleague. What if something broke on his sector and I signed off saying it was ok?

At the end of the day the PIC is responsible for that flight and the serviceability of the aircraft on that flight. If they've signed the MR it's in writing, if they havnt they're going to be asking who signed the MR. Personally I would never leave my signature next to an open MR entry.

LexAir
18th Aug 2011, 05:13
A "day" is a 24 hour period. Provided your Ops Manual defines when the "day" starts and ends (say 0900 to 0859), the MR need only be signed once in that period (i.e. prior to the commencement of the first flight in that period) and all the previous flight hours entered for the preceeding 24 hours.