PDA

View Full Version : The bottom line on Flight Training?

Fifteen10
14th Aug 2011, 19:26
In my lengthy research on where to go to get a JAA frozen ATPL, I have been told in some form or another to avoid at all costs, practically every JAA approved school in the states.

Is it possible that there is no 'good' school to train at , or are people just to precious?

So could you please comment on this suggesting places where you have had good experiences in your training to frozen ATPL, bearing in mind expense of the training. It is not possible that every pilot flying the skies has had a bad training experience, and if were to have another opportunity, would go somewhere else. So I'd like to hear from you guys.

Cheers

Halfwayback
14th Aug 2011, 20:25
Welcome to the Wannabee forum of Pprune.

It is good to know that you have been doing some lengthy research and you will undoubtedly find a lot more information here.

However, the choice of an FTO is a very subjective thing. Some suit one person's way forward and others may not. Consequently I suggest that you should use the Search function to go throught the threads here, make your notes on each and then when you have a a list of a few that you really think would suit you GO and VISIT THEM. Take a trial flight and see what YOU think of the setup.

You are likely to be parting with a large sum of money so why take the anonymous view of a few here. There also the sciolists (see at bottom) who will be less than helpful by giving you wrong information.

Consequently I am closing the thread before the idiots start there usual baying! Let me know by PM if you need to re-open it.

HWB