PDA

View Full Version : a320 fire test

MD83FO
13th Aug 2011, 08:45
I'm curious to know if the A320 engine fire det system does a self test.
in other words are we really accomplishing anything by testing the system.
in our company most of the time the is not crew handover and we end up performing a full preflight every time.

Pilot RatBoy
13th Aug 2011, 10:29
Yes it does a self test, but that only checks the loops as seem when the ECAM cycles through when you first power the a/c up. The test buttons check the indications (the CRC, lights, ECAM etc) and that they are wired correctly. Hope this helps.

MD83FO
13th Aug 2011, 10:39
many thanks PR

ZOCC
20th Aug 2011, 18:27
Hey guys , im an A320 Pilot . Few days back during engine start up we had the start valve stuck in the closed position . So we did the manual start valve procedure and at the next stop they passed it under MEL. While reading the MEL i noticed it said atleast one of the engines must have a properly functioning Start valve. Which made me wonder . if we could do the manual start valve procedure for one engine why not be allowed to do it for both or why not pass both under MEL and continue ?

Any ideas ?

MD83FO
20th Aug 2011, 20:07
i think the logic is so that you have at least control of one valve in case you can't windmill in an eng dual failure.

cod liver oil
21st Aug 2011, 15:39
What is the recommended procedure for relight after dual engine failure?

If windmill start first and most logical option (insufficient bleed press with both engines out for starter assisted relight), what difference does it make whether you have one or two start valves inop?

MD83FO
21st Aug 2011, 19:07
it made a difference when i did volcanic ash LOFT. no relight till below FL200 when apu bleed can be used for started assisted.

cod liver oil
21st Aug 2011, 22:10
Thanks for clarifying MD83FO. Your explanation / logic makes sense with APU bleed air involved.

rgds

cod