PDA

View Full Version : need my junk food

witwiw
13th Aug 2011, 00:51
Junk food craving may cost pilot $100,000 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-11/junk-food-craving-may-cost-pilot-241002c000/2834796)

T28D
13th Aug 2011, 01:00
A citizen cops this rubbish, yet Illegals get in free and get given all manner of "junk" food free as well.

What have we allowed Australia to become, we oppress our citizens and glorify unwanted immigrants.

blueloo
13th Aug 2011, 01:22
That is quite funny...... (not the predicament they now find themselves in)... but lets just land and grab some food at the supermarket....

T28D . I tend to agree with you..... maybe a talking to by the authorities and a "be on yer way pal" would be sufficient.....

Aussie Bob
13th Aug 2011, 01:29
Streuth 28D; what on earth have your comments got to do with witwiw's post?

Are you so obsessed with immigrants that you rave about them anywhere? What has a helicopter pilot from a Taiwanese fishing boat landing illegally in Nauru got to do with Australian immigration?

Please explain ...

Woodwork
13th Aug 2011, 01:38
I think T28D is under the impression Nauru is part of Australia. For his benefit, it is not - the Republic of Nauru is a sovereign nation.

Aussie Bob
13th Aug 2011, 01:55
Hope he can navigate when he flies ... ;)

T28D
13th Aug 2011, 06:10
As I understand the issue the pilot is Australian, and yes Nauru /Ocean Islands are a soveriegn nation but use Australian Law in Administration.

Worrals in the wilds
13th Aug 2011, 07:40
Glad to hear you can get junk food on Nauru.
I always figured that the esky-fuls of cold KFC and McDonalds products regularly carried by Nauruian (and Solomon Islands) pax returning home were evidence of a big gap in the market...:suspect:

Tee Emm
13th Aug 2011, 07:55
Glad to hear you can get junk food on Nauru.

In the good old days of Air Nauru it was normal every few weeks or so to pick up thousands of packets of Twisties at Nausori as well as fireworks. The twisties went down well with Fosters (staple diet on the atoll) and it was thought at one point the millions of empty Fosters beer cans on the atoll caused a magnetic deviation problem on the 737's. A bit tough though when a pilot can't land on a beach next to Capelli's store and get a bite to eat and then piss off back to his vessel. Talk about a storm in a tea-cup but typical island mentality

Tidbinbilla
13th Aug 2011, 08:24
Yes, indeed. This story is more appropriate to Today Tonight or a Current Affair.

Seeing we are neither, CLICK!