PDA

View Full Version : American airlines 62 inches

man friday
12th Aug 2011, 08:21
Travelling with AA in the near future and would like to know how rigidly they enforce their maximum combined baggage dimensions(hight+width+length) of 62 inches.

BA have a similar rule regarding max baggage dimensions, but in the many times i've flown with them i've never seen the tape measure pulled out.

intortola
12th Aug 2011, 13:36
I travel very regularly with AA and can't say i have ever had this checked, weight restrictions are often enforced though.

man friday
12th Aug 2011, 17:34
Intortola,

thanks for that.

Chuchinchow
12th Aug 2011, 22:54
Size isn't everything you know!

james solomon
13th Aug 2011, 15:07
KLM always check your hand luggage and stick a sticker on it to say its been approved for the cabin

jackieofalltrades
13th Aug 2011, 16:47
KLM always check your hand luggage and stick a sticker on it to say its been approved for the cabin
True, but it amazes me when you see people boarding KLM flights with 3 or 4 pieces of hand baggage, all with the KLM approved sticker. Makes me wonder why none of the staff at the gate enforce the one piece of hand baggage rule?!

radeng
14th Aug 2011, 10:09
I came to the conclusion with AA that 62 inches was the maximum height that someone could be to not be too uncomfortable in their tightly packed seats.