PDA

View Full Version : Missing your pension???

unclenelli
11th Aug 2011, 23:46
Seems like SPVA have screwed up but won't/aren't able to fix it until later in the year.....
BBC News - Armed forces pensioners underpaid, admits MOD (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14459697)

jamesdevice
12th Aug 2011, 00:23
assuming the pensions are still administered from Norcross (Blackpool) then thats no surprise
I spent a few months there on contract (for EDS for the Dept of Work & Pensions Computer Support) a few years ago and the whole site is a nightmare, with untrained short term contract staff, minimal security and inept management
Despite being employed on a contract for non-secure work (taken on at three days notice with no security checks) my pass gave me access to all parts of the site. Indeed to get to the canteen without getting wet I HAD to walk through the office where war pensions were admininstered
The only part of the site I didn't have access to, was the central citadel where premium bond numbers were drawn.... everything else was open access, even though I was employed as a temp unaccredited contractor on agency work
If I'd been so minded I could have had access to some very interesting computer records.....