PDA

View Full Version : Converting license

F_one
11th Aug 2011, 23:33
I'm the holder of an overseas ATPL and would like to obtain my Aus PPL. I've been to a flight school and was told what to do. One of the steps is to write a "PAOS" exam.

The CASA website publishes the syllabus for this exam, but nowhere am I able to find the actual literature to prepare for this exam. :ugh::ugh: Can anyone please point me in the right direction on where to find a publication of some sort which I can study for this exam

Much appreciated

Turban
12th Aug 2011, 00:20
Hi :)

It`s just PPL stuff so get a book on that topic. By the way it`s an open book exam and you are allowed the VFR Flight guide. So you should get that one, and read it well, know where to find stuff in it.

Get a book on BAK ( Basic aeronautical knowledge) as you`ll need to pass that exam too and it might be usefull to prepare yourself for the PSAO.

What I used for the PSAO ; BAK book , CPL Airlaw book ( I wanted to get the CPL so I got the CPL book :)) and VFRFG (which you can use during the exam) .

And you`ll need some other materials on the day of the exam but I guess your school told you about that.

I`ve been there and it`s no big deal :) Good luck :ok:

MakeItHappenCaptain
12th Aug 2011, 01:14
PPL LAW

CAO 20.xxx 29.dropping articles
CAR Part 5
CAR Rules of the Air
AIP
etc...