PDA

View Full Version : Stableford OR Aeros wich one is the best one !

Habusr72
11th Aug 2011, 23:12
Dear Sirs,

I`m interested to learn about which is the best one to do my CPL,ME,IR . DO you know if is better Aeros school than Stableford and if yes for which reasons they are better because at the moment i`m willing to go to stableford for this tranings for the reasons wich is (price, place,quality of the plane,type of the plane(Diamonds) wich i think they are good for learning the EFIS,ets.,) this are the reasons that i`m willing for to go to Stapleford. If you realy know good reasons and bad also about both of them also if you can advise me wich one in your opinion is the best for both!! Definetely i`m not going to Oxford i cant afford to go there!!Thanks for your help.:)
:confused:
regards,

Spit-Fire
12th Aug 2011, 08:49
Both training centre's have good reputations but for me it was Stapleford due largely to location and aircraft access. The instructors are great as are the support staff and the facilities on-site really make it all user friendly. The only way is to visit and see how you feel at both places. If you're going to spend the money then spend it where you feel happiest

Togodumnus
12th Aug 2011, 23:00
Can't comment on Stapleford but I went to Aeros.

Passed CPL first time and IR first series. The staff at Aeros know their stuff and give you all you need to pass. Just be prepared when the DME fails over Cardiff or Exeter but that is not the schools fault.

Deano777
13th Aug 2011, 00:15
But Aeros also have excellent support staff, and it's own maintenance facility which keeps the aircraft flying. The staff are great too. You also only get 2 students per course and not the pre-requisite 3 which means you don't spend 2/3 of your time sat in the back of an aircraft. I used Aeros and I am now employed with a major UK player.

I'm not sure about the DME dropping out in Exeter, I am based there and I have never experienced it dropping out on me, so even if it has dropped out it is so rare it is not even worth mentioning.

taff_lightning
13th Aug 2011, 09:54
I did my CPL with aeros and my FIC with Stapleford. They're both fantastic training organisations. I'd find it hard to choose between the two. Stapleford is a much busier school which has it's pros and cons.

I think it should just come down to personal preference. Go an visit both and make up your mind. At the end of the day either school will give you the tools to pass well and progress with your career.

Please feel free to drop me a line if you have any specific questions you think I can help with.

7574ever
13th Aug 2011, 12:01
For me Aeros all day everyday!!

Stapleford is good too, don't get me wrong. But Aeros is just brilliant. Great bunch, great service, great airplane availability, etc.

PM me if you want a full review of my experience there.