PDA

View Full Version : fo pay higher at Qatari than Emirates

alkor
10th Aug 2011, 08:32
Is it just me, or....

On emirates career page basic pay figure went down for about 2000 Aed (about 400€) ,while Qatar s is up 2000 USD.

Which is around 800€ more basic pay than emirates.

Why would they done that (emirates) if they need so many FOs.

Cheers,

a

Non Zero
10th Aug 2011, 09:10
Usually it's a matter of numbers of applications per money invested in advertisement ...

fatbus
10th Aug 2011, 09:38
I thought EK went up 5% for new hires.

loc22550
12th Aug 2011, 10:37
Alkor,look at the big picture:

What about the annual Bonus,end of servive benefit with EK...
MUCH more higher than in QR!

alkor
12th Aug 2011, 10:44
Yeah I know about the other benefits. But still, if you want more pilots to join, you do not give them lower salary! Right?

Cheers,
A

Schnowzer
12th Aug 2011, 16:26
They haven't!

Wizofoz
13th Aug 2011, 01:36
The figure quoted on the QR website (8 100) is inclusive assuing 70 hrs a month.

EKs starting figure (25 600DHS) is base pay.

Not sure which is higher overall, but there isn't much in it either way.

outboundjetsetter
15th Aug 2011, 06:11
Anyone able to break this down any further for comparison e.g both i assume give some sort of health insurance return annual tickets etc etc,
but the typical net pay-slip for a first year f/o at both airlines, what does that include?after any travel allowance?, shoe/uniform allowance?,currency protection...? housing? lets say you are a f/o without kids
thanks

Wizofoz
15th Aug 2011, 06:36
At EK it's the 25.6K DHS (3.67DHS = 1US$) plus flying pay at 45dhs/hr (Count on 70 hrs, and often a lot more- but NOT paid for leave, SIM, Recurrent ground schools of sick leave)

Productivity pay after 92 hrs, so not often ( Around 450/hr for FOS?)

Exchange rate protection- maybe 1000dhs if you are somewhere with a strong currency at to moment.

Allowances paid in cash in local currencies- enough for a feed and a beer, you won't get rich off them!

Provinent fund -12% company, 5% Employee contribution- all yours after 7 years.

Accommodation supplied- for an FO with no Kids, 2-3 bedroom apartment. Drop a sprog and you get a Villa. Opt out and Housing allowance is about 140K/yr for an F/o

Uniform, shoes, transport to/from work all supplied.

Health care- free for you, nominal fee for Family. Company clinic for GP and Dental, local providers for other services (My personal experiences have been pretty good, others not so.)

VERY unlikely that any difference in renumeration would out-weigh differerence in Lifestyle and Company Culture (in which EK and Dubai has the edge) and Time to Upgrade (EK running at just over 3 years at the moment, that may well change, so a QR input would be useful)

outboundjetsetter
15th Aug 2011, 07:31
thanks Wizofoz.., yeah i cant see how Qatar can match that..

gringo2
16th Aug 2011, 07:24
Any difference in basic salary between the two is outweighed by the new bond policy at qr. To prevent new joiners from jumping ship qr has implemented a new policy that deducts your pay every month for your type rating. For example: if you are a 320 fo new joiner, non type rated your bond will be 50,000usd/3 years. You will pay half that amount every month for 1.5 years that is automatically deducted. At the completion of 3 years you will be re-imbersed the amount you payed INTEREST FREE.

sheikmyarse
18th Aug 2011, 07:33
Dear Wiz

EK salary is way short of what it should be if it included compensation for the total loss of protection in terms of worker and human rights that anyone that joins suffers. A total loss.
And this applies to all ME ailrines.
If you then consider factors like climate, the utterly insulse life style made of Mall hopping, booze and a couple of desert " barbie" the salary should be in the range of ten times higher. Unfortunately for you and your habibis friends there are still things and persons with no tag price on and more and more pilots are weighing in this factor in their decision
So we do appreciate your loyalty to your masters in trying to pump your company as a good slave should be doing but I think EK will find it harder and harder to find pilots in the future. Too many errors have been made and face it, you have an horrible reputation.

Wizofoz
18th Aug 2011, 09:09
sheiky,

A question was asked and answered to the best of my honest ability.

The fact that you can't recognize that speaks volumes about you.

Sheikh Your Bootie
18th Aug 2011, 10:09
Ar*e, so how is Korean. Better masters there than our Desert Habibis??? How is the commute??

sheikmyarse
18th Aug 2011, 10:38
Sorry mate ..never been there not even on a layover.
Still in Korea I believe you don`t go to jail for drinking in public during Ramadan or cause you kissed your girlfriend on the beach and I heard the climate is pretty nice.
As per Korean pilots.. well I have no clue...but I know an FO makes in the range of 10000 usd and Cpt in the range of 15000 a month on a commuting contract
Ramadan Kareem

ironbutt57
18th Aug 2011, 11:12
Yah and Qatar is even better 'cas you all get to live in one nice block of flats....:}