PDA

View Full Version : Eurocopter Ec-120 Torque fluctuations

Loki696
10th Aug 2011, 07:04
Hello,

We have on one of our EC-120's a torque fluctuation. And it also doesn't passes it power check and inflight loss of FLI.

We have changed everything that can be changed: VEMD, engine, electrical mastbox, torque sensor, helicopter wirring etc.

Also incontact with Eurocopter and Turbo Meca, butt still without resutl.

Does anyone have had this problem before, and knows a solution/suggestions?

Thanks already

Saint Jack
11th Aug 2011, 01:09
Loki696: ALWAYS post ANY helicopter-related article on the 'Rotorheads' thread and you're certain to get a response. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the EC-120 but an obvious first question is; 'have you contacted Eurocopter Product Support for assistance'?

Fargoo
11th Aug 2011, 01:26
And it also doesn't passes it power check and inflight loss of FLI.

I don't know much about rotary wing but if you're having instrument problems like this it might be worth having the batteries and generator checked out for correct output and torque check all the connections on the genny.

Try and post this up on Aircraft Engineers Bulletin Board - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.airmech.co.uk) , there's a few decent Rotary engineers on there.

ghettobird
18th Aug 2011, 03:28
I have had a similar VEMD issue with a EC-120…We had VEMD failures and recently replaced it. The ship is now very power limited and the torque readings are very sensitive. I'm thinking the older model EC-120 may be having issues communicating with the newer VEMD, but not sure. email me if you find a solution or want more information and I will do the same for you.

[email protected]