PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ FTO partners

joshua0812
10th Aug 2011, 03:02
I am planning on studying next year for my pilot licences but don't know what would be best for me in the future, i live in tauranga NZ and am wondering if it would be better to study at say the likes of bay flight or go for one of air NZ FTO partners and be more likely to get a job as a airline pilot for air NZ.
What would be the best option to do?

thanks Josh

Morrisman1
10th Aug 2011, 03:49
It will still be possible to get a job with Air NZ without going through the system but it would be to your advantage to go through the system they have set up.

27/09
10th Aug 2011, 11:18
It will still be possible to get a job with Air NZ without going through the system but it would be to your advantage to go through the system they have set up.

Really, I'm not too sure about that. As I understand it there will only ever be a few probably very few taken directly from this course. The majority of the students going through this course will end up going back to GA before they ever get the chance to go to Air NZ. On top of that the students from this course will need further training/qualifications to get many GA jobs.

Those students that do the scheme and end up going back to GA will have no better chance than those who didn't go thru this scheme. So unless you're one of the lucky few you might as well stay in TG.

I'm only quoting what I have heard around the traps so stand to be corrected.

Lindstrim
11th Aug 2011, 01:52
Theres something in the fine print about the FTO's saying something like "If there is high demand for pilots then graduates from these partners will be selected first"

Or something to that effect.

Sqwark2000
11th Aug 2011, 09:24
As 27/09 said, very very few new pilots will go straight into the AirNZ group but the majority will be expected to go out into GA like everyone else and boost their TT and experience in prep for when they meet the requirements.

What the FTO students will have over the non-FTO students is that their ANZ applications will have a stamp on it saying "AirNZ FTO trained" and THAT is what will give them an advantage in their recruitment to AirNZ.....

That is all.....

S2k

mattyj
12th Aug 2011, 22:40
Hah..and when airnz calls, they'll be in Africa or NT or somewhere working out a 2 year training bond because there ain't no GA jobs here