PDA

View Full Version : Tannkosh - anyone been?

rans6andrew
9th Aug 2011, 14:40
I am looking at going to Tannkosh in a couple of weeks and camping there.

Has anyone of you well travelled types been there? What facilities will be available for campers? Showers? Food vans?

We made the mistake of camping at the Blois show a few years back. Arrived on Friday and there was nothing. No showers, no food vans, no drink vans. The aeroclub across the other side of the airfield was totally swamped and we couldn't get a table before the food ran out. Drank rather more than was sensible having not eaten since breakfast at Abbeville.

"not quite Mrs Rans6...." wants assurance that the loos will be better than a squatty hole in the mud, understandably, if we are stopping there for a couple of nights.

Plan B is to get accommodation somewhere else and to fly in each day.

What do you know?

Rans6.....

atb1943
9th Aug 2011, 15:12
Hi there,

try this link:
Flugplatz und Flugschule Tannheim: English (http://www.tannkosh.de/157.0.html)

brgds
Alan

p.s. In the photos supplied by Aerokurier you can see tents erected between visiting aircraft, in fact they mention it specifically as a possibility. Not aware of facilities available, but Verena will tell you ([email protected]) or +49 8395 1244

Jan Olieslagers
9th Aug 2011, 15:32
I have been to the airfield, but as I hate crowds it was not at festival time. I liked the restaurant very much, FWIW, and certainly I have no memory of disappointing toilets.

One can never be sure, but on a general note the Germans have better traditions both of organisation and of cleanliness than the French. So I think your ladyship may be assured that, at the very least, it will be less bad than Blois; with any luck it should be quite good.

Newforest2
9th Aug 2011, 17:13
Being used to the very high standards that are the norm at Oshkosh, I was extremely disappointed two years ago at Tannkosh to note prevalent smoking on the flight line and then visiting pilots cooking on BBQ's next to their planes.

CJ Driver
9th Aug 2011, 19:47
Aha - I am also planning a trip, and one question mark was whether to take my barbie. That sounds like a yes then :E

But meanwhile, I also would like to know, how civilised is the camping?

patowalker
9th Aug 2011, 20:14
From their website:
We will provide a total of 50 Dixie-toilets as well as water depots for you during Tannkosh. They will be placed as follows: 8 x northern flightline, 10 x southern flightline, 10 at the hangar, 22 near the camping showers on the gravel field west of the restaurant. Cleaning 2 x a day. Water depots (no drinking water): 1x northern flightline, 1 x southern flightline (in the west) and near the camping showers. We will enlarge these camping showers a little this year, but we ask you for understanding that we cannot make them twice the size, because then the kitchen won´t get any water any more…
The showers in the basement are reserved for the LADIES, gentlemen please understand!

hum
9th Aug 2011, 20:53
‪Harry Hum's Tannkosh 2009 vid‬‏ - YouTube

letpmar
11th Aug 2011, 11:12
Hi Rans
I was there last year and there are plenty of places to eat if a bit heavy on the sausage front. if you are camping you are one side of the runway with portaloos and a car ferry service to get over to the other side. All the food stalls and beer tent are over there along with all the trade stands. There are showers (Food hall side) but they are a pretty basic communal set up open with screens round but no roof. There are ladies and gents its not that continental. I had a great time and will go again another year. The things I would take next time would be a seat to sit by my plane and watch things, and tea or coffee making kit. The display side has got to be done but its nice just to sit by your tent and watch the world go by. Call me if you want any more info

Pete 07976 262833

PW Cooper
11th Aug 2011, 21:42
I went in 2008 and would have gone again in 2009 if it wasn't for a poorly aircraft and last year if it wasn't for the weather.
A fantastic weekend, very relaxed, hospitable and not a hi viz jacket in sight.
Its generally DIY by your aircraft but as previous post mentions there are communal showers etc. If you are lucky the Red Bull girls will call by in the morning with an offer of refreshments!
Great displays throughout the weekend and a cracking party on the Saturday night. You might wish to have a slow start home on the Sunday....
Cheers
PC.

Flyingmac
12th Aug 2011, 07:25
Being used to the very high standards that are the norm at Oshkosh, I was extremely disappointed two years ago at Tannkosh to note prevalent smoking on the flight line and then visiting pilots cooking on BBQ's next to their planes

Horror of Horrors!!. Whatever next? People smoking near their cars and cooking next to campervans? Without a Hi-vis.:ugh: