PDA

View Full Version : Moving in Hawaii need a network

LucaR
8th Aug 2011, 00:02
I will moving in Hawaii in March 2012. Anyone knows possible flight jobs in Hawaii (Honolulu).

I have FAA ATP Helicopter, JAA Commercial/ IFR Helicopter and AMEL/ASEL total flight time about 3000 hrs. Prior military experiance (almost 20 yrs) worked in the Gulf of Mexico and EMS in Maryland. Experiance on B206, AB212, S76 A++, C+, C++, AS365 (N1-N2-N3), R22. Fixed wing about 500hrs most turbo prop single and multi engine. I have flown in all kinf of enviroment from desert to mountain, from off shore to hospitals, from ships to fire fighting, from SAR to hook and hoist ops, single pilot and multi crew IFR...day, night, NVG etc.
Right know working toward CFI/CFII and FAA ATP AMEL.

I am looking to have some info about type of jobs and build a network of contacts that can help me to move and work in Hawaii.

I have a long and vast experiance in aviation. If you want more info or my resume please ask.

Thank you for your help

Luca

Gordy
8th Aug 2011, 00:34
I have a long and vast experiance in aviation.

When I flew on Kauai, the average hour level was around 10k. Be prepared to have your eyes opened..... I wish you luck, but pretty much tours is all you are going to get.

helonorth
8th Aug 2011, 00:50
Blue Hawaiian has been advertising quite a bit lately for tour pilots. If you are proficient (or just need to get up to speed) in utility type work, I don't think you would have to fly tours for long. 3000 hours should be plenty.

krypton_john
8th Aug 2011, 01:07
According to their website they are looking for a tour pilot, min 2500hr.

And the owner is an ex 'Nam military pilot.

grumpytroll
8th Aug 2011, 01:44
Krypton, I detect a bit of sarcasm in your "nam" comment as I don't see the relevance to the rest of the post. How about it?

Cheers

Gordy
8th Aug 2011, 02:12
Blue Hawaiian has been advertising quite a bit lately for tour pilots. If you are proficient (or just need to get up to speed) in utility type work, I don't think you would have to fly tours for long.

And Blue does how much utility?.......:rolleyes: And they are always looking fro tour pilots... Like I said... Be prepared to have your eyes opened... enough said... please come back on here and tell us about your experience...

krypton_john
8th Aug 2011, 06:58
Grumpy, not sure what you took from my post but my point was that the owner is ex-mil and the original poster looking for a spot is an ex-mil driver. Also the roster at Blue is mostly ex-mil. In other words they might get along.

OK?

krypton_john
8th Aug 2011, 06:59
Gordy, the OP didn't say anything about utility - only that he was looking for a job in HI.

helonorth
8th Aug 2011, 14:12
I didn't say he would be flying utility for Blue Hawaiian either, did I?:rolleyes:

ReverseFlight
8th Aug 2011, 15:42
When I was last in Hawaii, 30,000+ hour ex-military guys were flying tours.
You'll love the place. Good luck.

HueyDog
9th Aug 2011, 09:06
Not sure where you got the 'sarcasm' feeling but I took his comment about the owner being a 'Nam pilot as a positive.

LucaR
20th Feb 2013, 17:42
After about 1 year in HI I am still"grounded". I had some offers to fly in Kauai but because of myfamily situation I could not commute. I looked at each company in Oahu, sendresume, went door to door, but no luck! Maybe is just me:) While waiting for the right job I add some categories to myATP and I have keept myself busy flying for fun. I hope things will change in 2013.

Thank you for your help.

thepross
21st Feb 2013, 04:19
We are looking for a Night SIC for the B430 EMS on Maui.. send me a PM