PDA

View Full Version : IMC Rating

rogerbucks
5th Aug 2011, 06:02
Thinking of doing this before it's demise next year. Derek Davidson at Bournemouth is advertising a 5 day course for just over £2k inclusive (less test) which seems reasonable. Has anyone done this route? Any advice appreciated please.

Pace
5th Aug 2011, 06:51
Thinking of doing this before it's demise next yea

Are you talking about Europes demise next year? With the way the markets are heading i doubt there will be a Europe as we know it today next year!
Apart from that yes get the IMCR done as it is an excellent addon to your PPL and if it does go existing holders can continue to exercise its privalages.
But everything is changing so fast In Europe at present who knows where we all will be by then?

Pace

LeeP-PA28
5th Aug 2011, 06:51
I just recently did it and yes it was great but pretty intensive. Think mine came to a total of £2300 including exam, test and all my approaches.

Check this thread: http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/459096-passed-imc-rating-d.html

vfr-uk
5th Aug 2011, 18:46
Wow - those costs sound like a bargain!

I wasn't very current when I did mine recently, so it took me a bit longer than the minimum, but mine came to way more than that - I'm a bit envious!