PDA

View Full Version : Go-Fly.Termination of Contracts

chug
26th Nov 2001, 15:27
Are there any agrieved non 737 rated pilots out there who had their contracts terminated by Go at short notice as a result of 11th September attack on the WTC?

spliff
26th Nov 2001, 16:35
I was hoping to join the team at Bristol, with a 737 course in the new year. But now that Go can achieve a saving of £££'s by taking type-rated guys (ex-Mearsk) I guess I'll be plugging away at those night Dalamans for a while longer. Que sera ! :(

jetgirl
26th Nov 2001, 19:09
One Captain from our company was on the last week of his notice when told by GO he was no longer required. Since company in question was about to make most of the pilots redundant they refused to let him recind his notice and he has NOTHING. No notice, redundancy or job.

Fantasic behaviour from GO. Yes maybe it saved them the cost of a conversion but they have left a man with a family and mortgage right up sh@t creek.

Wet Power
27th Nov 2001, 13:22
Seems like I was fortunate.

Passed the selection day and was waiting for the sim ride ("to be arranged as soon as possible") and have subsequently been told their criteria has changed. I've got plenty hours but no 737 type rating. Haven't heard a jot since. I suspect they have got their eyes on 737 rated guys from BMi and Captain retirees from BA.

I was very positive towards GO until recently but am rapidly reducing their credit rating.

chug
30th Nov 2001, 16:12
I understand that the pilot who had his contract terminated even offered to pay for his conversion. Also understand that BALPA failed to make any inroads with his case even though they thought it was unjust and wrong. It seems to me that Go have taken advantage of the events of 11 Sep regardless of the personal consequences.