PDA

View Full Version : Courchevel’s alti-port

loggerhead
25th Nov 2001, 15:31
Have you ever flown into Courchevel’s alto-port? I have vowed, one day I will try it. I spend time skiing there in winter and think it looks like a good challenge…Any ideas how I can?

[ 25 November 2001: Message edited by: loggerhead ]

cirrus01
25th Nov 2001, 22:53
Have flown into/from meribel altiport, next valley along from courcheval, just by turning up and asking the local flying club there, flight took in a low pass over courcheval. I understand that you need a special rating on your licence to fly in solo , remember a "pilot " magazine article a few years ago , a guy took his 182(I think) over there and met an instructor at Chambery and thence up to courcheval. Obviously you need a good performance aircraft ! :cool:

JB007
27th Nov 2001, 12:50
As stated, to fly into CVL you'll get collected by an instructor at Chambery for a check-out, we did it in a C172 and he'll sign/stamp your logbook.

It's fantastic! I got the oppotunity to land there in a King Air 200...the departure is even more fun!

HOMER SIMPSONS LOVECHILD
27th Nov 2001, 18:11
Tyrolean used to send the Dash 7 in there,was a sight to see from the Altibar with a Vin Chaud!If only all planespotting was that much fun.
Believe Vee one was brake release when they blasted off down the hill.

swizzle stick
28th Nov 2001, 12:20
Do you know of anyone who flies sched from GVA to CVL? It would save me the 4 hour coach transfer next time.

It's All A Swizz....