PDA

View Full Version : Emirates e-mail....it's been awhile

gomets
3rd Aug 2011, 21:55
Hi all,

Just got an e-mail from Emirates (auto generated). Pretty much wants me to update (it's been awhile since I last updated). And also asks to review the latest hiring minimums.....etc

I got a personal e-mail from a recruiter last year, asking if I had any time in a heavier jet (70 seater or greater). Unfortunately I did not. But the gentleman did respond back saying that if I ever did to let him know.. I thought that was a very professional correspondance for busy HR recruiters! I was impressed with that....

Without going into the Emirates site at the moment. Has there been any changes to their requirements. I went from flying CRJ's to Netjets, to layed off, to now flying King Airs.

Also, as I understood it in the past. Emirates is not very commuter friendly in terms of schedule? Correct? What type of schedule can a line holder somehwat expect... IE: days off between assignments..... Could someone get away with say 10 on and a bunch off?

I'm a bit apprehensive about the schedule. I'm more of a family first, work second type person. I love to fly but it's not what drives me. So I'm not sure any of these overseas opportunities would be a fit for me?

Thanks,

and in the meantime I'll go back through some Emirates threads to refresh my memory

Aussie
4th Aug 2011, 00:40
from what i gather here quickly... you have nothing bigger then a CRJ?

You need 2500hrs on modern commercial jet... they dont tell you on the website, but on top it needs to be in jets over 30T MTOW... so the CRJ1000 time will count, but the CRJ200 wont.. go figure....:{

abZorbatheleak
4th Aug 2011, 05:12
Apply anyway and update your application on a 6 monthly basis. As the previous poster mentioned, the website does not present you with all the information required. With 44 777's & A380's arriving in the next 18 months who knows what they will do or what the requirements will be adjusted to.

Good luck.