PDA

View Full Version : Roadshow - Appearance

Life boat
3rd Aug 2011, 14:56
Hello all,

This may seem a trivial question, however, it may also be an important one.

As I am sure that Emirates would already be screening you from the word go,
do they also expect you to turn up dressed as if you were going for a real interview, ie. suit/shirt/tie, or would they be happy for you to dress smart casual (not shorts and flip flops of course).

I am aware that you can basically never be overdressed, but please just give your opinion to the question........!

Yes, there is a reason for the question, as I have only just now become aware of a roadshow, and I will only be able to attend last minute, arriving from abroad, with no opportunity to go home first, therefore the lack of suit etc.

Happy flying out there...

kotakota
3rd Aug 2011, 16:35
Find a jacket and a tie at least - show some respect , you might get some back.

saywhat
3rd Aug 2011, 17:02
The fact that you are asking the question means that you know the answer.

Life boat
3rd Aug 2011, 17:21
Hi Kotakota and Saywhat,

Yes, I agree with both of you, that does not change my situation though, I guess it is best to just give it a miss, so as to not ruin any future chances of
applying, and be looked at with fresh eyes at a possible interview.

Making the decision to apply will however be somewhat more difficult, as I
will be lacking some information.

Thanks,

LB

skyvan
3rd Aug 2011, 17:30
If you are smart casual, you will be ok.

Collared shirt (not a golf shirt) and long pants (not jeans) with decent shoes(not sneakers) are quite acceptable.

You don't have to identify yourself at the session, and they will happily answer any questions you may have.

Enjoy the session, it is interesting to attend, whether you decide to apply or not.

canadansk
3rd Aug 2011, 20:30
I agree with Skyvan. :ok:

fliion
4th Aug 2011, 09:18
I was in a position at a roadshow where the only way I could make it was with a golf shirt, shoes and khakis - not an issue (though Capt America did give me a dirty look as i entered at five mins past start time as he was locking door - not sure because of puntuality or fashion sense!...; > )

At the end when I approached HR mgr with resume & apologised for appearnace and gave mitigating circumstances.

Called for interview shortly thereafter

good luck

f

Mister Warning
4th Aug 2011, 16:38
Close friend of mine had his luggage lost by EK on way to Dubai for pilot's interview. Turned up on day 1 in same jeans and t-shirt he wore on the flight out.
He is now a 380 captain.
Chill. :cool:

Farrell
14th Aug 2011, 03:45
Smart casual is fine.
Nice trousers and a proper shirt and shoes.

Don't listen to kotakota.......he still goes everywhere in a sedan chair :)
Dreams of the empire are still quite vivid.

(Kota: When are we meeting for beers? I'm back in Sandland next week for a few days. You owe me a Turkish!)