PDA

View Full Version : Aus Air Services

Ixixly
3rd Aug 2011, 10:34
Hi Everyone,

I have come seeking the Wisdom of PPRuNe...or at the very least some hear-say!!

Obviously just saw the job advertisement for Aus Air Services on AFAP and looks kind of interesting, was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the company in general? Apart from what their Website says and the information I gathered from the CASA Aircraft Registry!! I meet their requirements and then some (Not saying a lot I know!!) so just trying to get any idea of what the atmosphere is like there and the people involved.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :ok:

strutless
4th Aug 2011, 07:30
Get your resume in quick, that sounds like a good job, especially with the meals and company car part! I suspect that's why nobody has replied yet as they don't want anyone else to notice it :)

I know a bit about these guys as I know a chap that used to work for them whom has moved onto JetA. From what I have seen their aircraft are above average in condition, GA8, 206, 210 and a nice looking Chieftain.

Based on what I can tell the job would be based at Lyndhurst versus Marree which could be a plus!

Wanderin_dave
4th Aug 2011, 07:55
Good company. :ok:

Don't work for them, but i have in the past.

Ixixly
4th Aug 2011, 09:13
Phew, was starting to wonder whether I'd get any replies, got to over 300 views and not a single one!! Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...

Thanks for the heads up, after reading their website and such they seem like a reasonable mob, at least the website seems to be fairly professional which is generally a good sign, so many others just don't put the effort into their online persona's!!

Hopefully I'll hear back from them in the near future!

The Green Goblin
4th Aug 2011, 11:08
If you want the job, get in touch with them and tell them you are on your way to meet them!

They will have a stack of resumes a mile thick. If you want the job, you need to sell yourself as the right Pilot for the job.

A lot of being a Pilot in a small company is also being a salesman.

Good luck.

Ixixly
4th Aug 2011, 11:15
Thanks for the advice GG, not my first job fortunately, this would just be an excellent opportunity to expand my current range of skills!!

I will certainly be attempting to get down there to do a meet and greet, but with my current jobs commitments it probably won't be likely in the near-future.

The Green Goblin
4th Aug 2011, 11:37
Then somebody else will beat you to it and you likely won't be working for them in the near future.

As a Pilot, you need to be ready (especially in your hour building stage) to pack your sack and go.

It's all about how hungry you are for it.

Ixixly
4th Aug 2011, 11:43
To be honest, not that hungry for this particular job!!! It would certainly be a nice change of pace and there appears to be some potential to do a few things I'd like to do within the Company (Ie, PA-31 and Tiger Moth), so if they think my current experience makes me the Pilot for the job and want to get in contact with me and we can arrange a meet and greet, so be it. If not I won't be all that worried.

Not worried about the hours as such, hours are good, but I like variety and would very much like to try a wide range of different aspects of Aviation. Bit odd I know, but I'm more in it for the Adventure rather than just the climb to the top and into a Shiny Jet!!

JMEN
4th Aug 2011, 14:25
Very well said Ix.

Enjoy it, the best flying you will ever do.

The years I spent in GA were great, varied and well awesome, never got to fly a Tiger though thinking of it now for fun!

When ya get into the shinny jet you can look back at it and well, cruising at FL390 looking out the window is wicked, looking down remembering when ya were cruising atop the trees.

Enjoy, but if you ever stop loving the flying get out, that whats makes for all the bitterness in this game.

I get up everyday and love going to work.

:ok:

WannaBeBiggles
4th Aug 2011, 20:05
To be honest, not that hungry for this particular job!!! It would certainly be a nice change of pace and there appears to be some potential to do a few things I'd like to do within the Company (Ie, PA-31 and Tiger Moth)

The PA-31 and Tiger Moth are located in Tooradin, not Maree. The aircraft you'll get to fly are the 206, 210 and GA8.

The CP is a top bloke and the aircraft are very well presented, it's definitely not a case of flying around in a clapped out 210 like some operators out west fly.