PDA

View Full Version : End of an aviation era

dhavillandpilot
3rd Aug 2011, 04:41
Last Friday week was the end of an era on Bankstown Airport. Airtex Aviation, Wingaway and Heron Airlines were all sold to a new owner.

All the business are secure and with the new ownership look forward to growing the business. The new owner has previously owned aviation companies and is well versed in their needs.

No matter what anyone said about Dieter, he provided many people with the opportunity to progress their careers both in flying and engineering. He was one of the few on bankstown that actually took on apprentice engineers each year when the bigger organisations decided not to.

Recently I had the pleasure to actually fly on a Virgin flight where both pilots were ex Airtex crew.

To the remaining employees of Airtex etc good luck.

Stationair8
18th Aug 2011, 06:17
Remember doing my ATPL's at Airtex when Gavin Selcombe was the ground instructor.

Kharon
18th Aug 2011, 13:25
Provided it's gone.

I do notice that "operations" remain the same and that "engineering " (excuse my mirth) is still operational. What was the point of $1,000,000 of tax payer money being spent if only to completely and properly miss (by a country mile) the point. :ugh:

'Selah'.

dhavillandpilot
18th Aug 2011, 23:56
Funny Kharon but you were one of the causes of Dieters problems. Liable laws preclude me from actually spelling it out but a question perhaps the rest of the reader need to ask

HAVE YOU GOT YOUR LICENCE BACK YET?

apache
19th Aug 2011, 04:00
ok... so who is the new owner?

not DR is it?

kimwestt
19th Aug 2011, 07:11
You seem to know who kharon is! So do I, and also that he still has, and always has had his licence.
Going to be a bit more careful with your load figures now, are we??
Be careful that you don't open up Pandora's box. Something about 14k?

OpsNormal
19th Aug 2011, 22:38
Kharon is a victim of his own actions and has no-one else to blame for it. The matter of "licence" is only semantics....

That whole CASA action could have been avoided had they taken the lifeline thrown them in Jan '09 by someone with the track record for doing as such - however the milk is long spilt now...

Regards,

OpsN.;)

Jenna Talia
20th Aug 2011, 16:56
Yeah.... But, who is the new owner?

apache
22nd Aug 2011, 21:06
well??? who is the new owner!!!???

please

dhavillandpilot
22nd Aug 2011, 23:27
Ross Seller. Previously owned a seaplane operation and currently several aircraft C185 & DHC-1.

wessex19
23rd Aug 2011, 01:21
I heard on the grapevine an ex navy, current qf 767 captain is CP??? any truth to that??

thorn bird
23rd Aug 2011, 09:10
I wish the new owners well, its sad to reflect that DS was defeated by an unaccountable ex RAAF baggage handler.
The new owners should reflect that they continue the operation based on the Whim of a corrupt organisation with the power to shut them down whenever, however they choose, perhaps a few fattened wallets might head that off.

Trojan1981
21st Aug 2012, 10:31
Surprised this thread was never finished. They were added to Criddle stable for those who don't know. Jeff is running the show I believe.

Horatio Leafblower
21st Aug 2012, 12:43
I heard Ives and Maclean were tied up in it too? :confused:

diddly squat
21st Aug 2012, 13:25
"Ross Seller. Previously owned a seaplane operation and currently several aircraft C185 & DHC-1."

Which Seaplane operation and when did he operate? :ok:

WannaBeBiggles
21st Aug 2012, 23:06
A chipmunk on floats?

dhavillandpilot
21st Aug 2012, 23:11
All of you are incorrect.

The actual buyers were a consortium consisting of current staff, AAS and a number of influential outside investors.

Trojan1981
21st Aug 2012, 23:56
The actual buyers were a consortium consisting of current staff, AAS and a number of influential outside investors

Meaning the Criddles, spoke to them yesterday :ok: .