PDA

View Full Version : A320 Endorsement

Ozavatar
2nd Aug 2011, 02:43
G'day ,

I am looking to get an airbus endorsement on the Airbus 320.I have heard on previous post from all the ppruners that canada is by far the most affordable training base for type rating on the A320.I would appreciate anyone on this thread to have your say and do PM me or post here with the informations.
I have also searched on google and i am aware of few places but i would rather prefer someone who has the first hand experience in obtaining a TR.

any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Oz

DeltaT
2nd Aug 2011, 09:19
A number of threads on this already, particularly at the start of the year to April, with prices and places.
Do your research all around, it all depends on factors such as your finances, availability, and when you want to do it, except for USA which has the consensus of 'Don't go there!'.

JMEN
2nd Aug 2011, 09:34
Ok I will bite...

There are pro's and con's of doing type rating anywhere.

If you even consider the states be prepared to wait 45 to 90 days for TSA security clearance. Saying that people that knock all ratings in the USA I think its unfair, have spoken to people who did it in Miami and 7 to 8 sessions included in the price which makes it pretty good.

Canada, yes no TSA waiting, only one place I know of and from what I hear you will not fail, problem is what will your skills be like when it comes to an interview check flight?

Kuala Lumpur CAE I have heard is :ok: a good one, but SIMS in that part of the world especially the 320 have become like that valuable commodity rocking horse ****!

Also had mates do it at the Ansett SIM and from what I hear price and training good as well.

My advice is do the rating where you want to work, that way you meet contacts while doing it.

Oh the other option is get the job first then ya pay for the rating but generally these days you pay about twice what its worth.

No matter where you do it you only get out of it what you put into it.

May I suggest start now SmartCockpit - Airline training guides, Aviation, Operations, Safety (http://www.smartcockpit.com) happy FCOM's!

GOOD LUCK :ok:

Rashid Bacon
2nd Aug 2011, 11:01
The Air NZ A320 type rating is the best I have seen.:ok: