PDA

View Full Version : Chinook 30th Anniversary Dining In Night - 9th Sep 2011

chinook240
1st Aug 2011, 17:46
To celebrate 30 years of Chinook operations in the SH Force, there will be a dining-in night in the Officers' Mess, RAF Odiham, on the 9th of Sept 2011. All former and current aircrew not at RAF Odiham who would like to attend should PM me and I will forward your requests to the Proj Off. Places are limited but priority will be given to retired aircrew.

Old-Duffer
1st Aug 2011, 18:11
So once again it's AIRCREW and OFFICERS

Last week's Puma bash showed the way. All ranks air and ground.

And not much notice either

Try harder Odiham.

Yours grumpily

Old Duffer

wokawoka
1st Aug 2011, 19:11
Pprune is quickly becoming a very sour place.

Old Duffer, the guy clearly mentions it is a dining in night. The Puma bash was a hangar party. I do not need to explain, I am sure, the difference in numbers that both venues can accommodate.
So next time, can I kindly suggest you read the helpful post before bashing it on the following one, only because you cannot be bothered to read it properly.

Cheers.

anita gofradump
1st Aug 2011, 20:04
AIRCREW and OFFICERS ????

Noooo.......

All former and current aircrew officers

Eyesight failing with age? ;)

Just half of the aircrew. Does that feel better now?

Really annoyed
1st Aug 2011, 21:12
The front end don't want to mix with he doormen in the back. Its a bit like going for a drink with the hired help. Its just not done in high society.

Old-Duffer
2nd Aug 2011, 05:55
On the contrary Wokawoka,

I have arranged and/or attended all ranks Dining In/Guest Nights, during both my regular and reserve service. These events have always been great successes and have sealed the bond across the rank structure.

All those events have been held in an officers' mess and whilst I concede that it has usually been officers and senior NCOs in attendance, there was no rank barrier.

I think those who attended the Puma bash would take issue that it was a 'hangar party', however.

Whilst I'm being bitchy, I might say that the appalling organisation at Odiham, which characterised the arrangements for the dedication of the SH Memorial in July 2006 (?), probably has some bearing on why Odiham won't arrange a bigger bash for the Chinook's 30th birthday! I can tell you that an 'aircrew officers only' bash will give considerable offence to the guys/gals down the back and the gals and guys who keep it working.

As a further aside, the famous and much decorated Mr 'H' - who travels down the back in the chinny - was the guest of honour at the Gulf War Jaguar pilots annual dinner at the RAF Club this year and if anybody has the right to celebrate the Chinook's birthday, it's him.

Notwithstanding, I do hope the event is a success and I salute all those whose hard work is so much appreciated at the sharp end.

Old Duffer

chinook240
2nd Aug 2011, 06:58
OD,

I resisted replying to your first post, as I understand your frustration and disappointment at the format, but as others have pointed out it is an OM function and the Stn Cdr had to set some limits on numbers. Clearly there will be commissioned ALM/WSOps at the event to represent the doorman, but with a potential attendance running to 500+ a decision had to be made.

Thanks for your support.:ok:

ossie
2nd Aug 2011, 11:10
Chinook240 does have a point ref numbers. We are at risk of missing the reason for the celebration! We still have a mess system in the RAF and there are plenty of other opportunities to party together. I assume the stn cdr at Odiham has no objections to a SNCO's event in the Sgts' mess.

In the CHF we don't even share crewrooms on a daily basis!!!

Old-Duffer
2nd Aug 2011, 12:35
Chinook240, Wokawoka et al,

If my earlier posts have been taken as sour grapes, then I apologise without reservation.

As I hope I made clear in my second 'outburst', I hope the event is a success and nothing I wrote should be taken as a tilt at those 'doing the business'.

Now, if properly organised, with a few big cheeses from industry present, I sense the opportunity for acquiring a couple of nice new pieces of mess silver from Mr Boeing and Mr Vertol.

Please post when news of the hangar party is available!

Old Duffer

NutLoose
2nd Aug 2011, 12:43
Totally agree with you Old Duffer, the Puma event showed the way it should be, a minority of the people involved seem to enjoy a celebration party whilst forgetting those that were involved in it's success, when I think back to seeing one of the Chief's that came back from the Conveyor with bad smoke inhalation and him sitting on walls every few yards to get his breath... they are the people that should be invited, not "but priority will be given to retired officers". ............

Sour Grapes, no... recognition yes......

With you on the Hangar Party Duffer.

mindstorm
3rd Aug 2011, 07:47
And just a shade short notice for those of us with work rosters/leave to arrange :*

Hangar party with 3 months notice gets my vote.

chinook240
4th Aug 2011, 13:52
Further to the earlier post, I have been informed that the DIN is open to all aircrew and not just Officers. I apologise for misleading any of you, this was due a misunderstanding and the event was always open to all aircrew.

xenolith
4th Aug 2011, 14:44
To be absolutly clear then........ Chinook Ground Crew are not welcome.

Really annoyed
4th Aug 2011, 14:50
Chinook Ground Crew are not welcome.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm213sharepopcorn.gif

Looking forward to the reply to that one.

chinook240
4th Aug 2011, 15:10
To be absolutly clear then........ Chinook Ground Crew are not welcome

Just to allay your paranoia, there may well be ground crew at the DIN, so your statement is not correct.

NutLoose
4th Aug 2011, 15:49
Quote:
To be absolutly clear then........ Chinook Ground Crew are not welcome
Just to allay your paranoia, there may well be ground crew at the DIN, so your statement is not correct

That'll be O/C Eng on the list then.
:p

xenolith
4th Aug 2011, 16:07
All former and current aircrew officers not at RAF Odiham who would like to attend

but as others have pointed out it is an OM function and the Stn Cdr had to set some limits on numbers. Clearly there will be commissioned ALM/WSOps at the event to represent the doorman, but with a potential attendance running to 500+ a decision had to be made.

Further to the earlier post, I have been informed that the DIN is open to all aircrew and not just Officers. I apologise for misleading any of you, this was due a misunderstanding and the event was always open to all aircrew.

Groundcrew not mentioned untill

Just to allay your paranoia, there may well be ground crew at the DIN, so your statement is not correct

Just wanted some clarity. Nice touch with the 'doorman' reference. Bet the rearcrew love you.

BTW. Who told you that I was paranoid?:suspect:

chinook240
4th Aug 2011, 17:31
BTW. Who told you that I was paranoid?

Everyone!

I am not the organiser. I simply offered to publise the event on behalf of the the poor guy trying to pull it all together. The OP was an error and misunderstanding for which I have already apologised.

This is, after all, a private function that has been organised by a group of mates who would like to spend the evening in the company of friends, past and present to celebrate a landmark event. We had hoped to get in touch with friends we had lost touch with, not undergo the Spanish Inquistion! TBH I'm getting a little p#ssed off at being told who should be allowed to attend a private do!

Dominoe
4th Aug 2011, 17:41
Now I am confused. Are non commissioned and/or ex service Chinook rearcrew eligible to attend this dinner?

Please be gentle as I am a bit thick.

chinook240
4th Aug 2011, 18:56
Yes........

xenolith
4th Aug 2011, 19:06
I am not the organiser. I simply offered to publise the event on behalf of the the poor guy trying to pull it all together

:ooh: I see................ so its not you that hates groundcrew and rearcrew, its "your mate".:E;)

MG
4th Aug 2011, 19:25
It really isn't worth publicising anything on Pprune at all. All you'll get is grief and comment from the world of the hard done by.

high spirits
4th Aug 2011, 19:34
Look guys,
Chinook 240 is advertising on behalf of the organiser. Stop giving him rocks about who is and is not invited. If you want to go, PM him. If not, stop chiselling. If you are unsure whether you are eligible, talk to Odiham Mess.
Either way, f**king grow up.

chinook240
4th Aug 2011, 20:00
"its not you that hatesthe groundcrew and rearcrew"

MG and HS,

Thanks. Sad, isn't it. Already had a PM from a friend betting I wish I hadn't bothered!

Need to go night flying now.

MG
4th Aug 2011, 20:03
Chinook 240: we know each other! We're on the same side!

xenolith
4th Aug 2011, 20:14
It's worse than I thought! MG and high spirits hate groundcrew and rearcrew as well!

high spirits
4th Aug 2011, 20:33
I refer you to the final comment of post #23...

Really annoyed
4th Aug 2011, 22:24
If not, stop chisellingYou forgot the mongs. You must cover both RAF Officer career streams now under project sirrius

How do you feel it is going so far Chinook240?

I take i the night flying was cancelled?

NutLoose
4th Aug 2011, 23:53
xenolithBy the cringe!
It's worse than I thought! MG and high spirits hate groundcrew and rearcrew as well!

You appear to have missed the Station Commander off the list of those that do not apparently give a toss for the moral of the troops..

Shame 33 Sqn went to Benson, you could have celebrated it alongside 33 Sqn's Crete day, it would appear to have been rather fitting.

Chinook 240 is advertising on behalf of the organiser.
perhaps he should have done it himself!

chinook240
5th Aug 2011, 08:54
How do you feel it is going so far Chinook240?

To quote Oscar Wilde:

“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”

Thanks for keeping the thread at the top! The response has been excellent and I should thank you all for that.

xenolith
5th Aug 2011, 20:57
No need to thank me chinook240, I'm here to help:ok:

Are there any CRM facilitators at Odiham or arn't they allowed on the station?

NutLoose
5th Aug 2011, 21:38
They're probably all down in the George with the station PRO wondering how it all went wrong.

Mmmmnice
7th Aug 2011, 17:42
I'm getting confused - is this going to be a 'bring your own kebab and can of wife-beater' and stand in a hanger..........or something else? Clearly weight of public opinion might have an effect? By all accounts the Puma bash at Benson was a great success.......might be a model; or not!

chinook240
9th Aug 2011, 18:28
Trust you're not confused now?:rolleyes:

mike rondot
10th Aug 2011, 10:19
As a further aside, the famous and much decorated Mr 'H' - who travels down the back in the chinny - was the guest of honour at the Gulf War Jaguar pilots annual dinner at the RAF Club this year

Actually, it was last year, but he did turn up, which is more than can be said for some of our other very high-ranking invited guests in recent years.

It will come as no surprise to you that having arrived early with Mrs "E", he joined us in the pub on Old Park Lane to watch the rugby and get gubbed, did a speed change into drinking suit with medals, gave a fantastic 50-minute after-dinner presentation and drank more than anyone, yet managed to stay lucid and presentable until most of us shuffled off to bed, leaving him with a semiconscious group of KOS doing their best to match him in sensible conversation. And failing... Top bloke.

chinook240
11th Aug 2011, 18:14
http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/common/anihook7d.gif

Tallsar
11th Aug 2011, 19:07
240 - a pilot of your calibre really ought to be able to put together a better display routine than that after all these years! :)

chinook240
11th Aug 2011, 20:25
One of my better ones:

Chinook Helicopter Display - YouTube

NutLoose
11th Aug 2011, 20:31
Not a patch on the one D+++l W++++X used to do, though a lot appears to have been copied from it........... sorry, but true.

chinook240
11th Aug 2011, 21:42
I take it you mean Darryl W+++++ks, yes a lot was borrowed from him as the first RA(A)F Chinook display pilot and his display was superb! I guess he set the standard everyone else had to try for.

I've been in touch with him this week and he says he might make it over for the dinner. Thanks again. :ok:

Tallsar
11th Aug 2011, 22:33
:D Much Better..... I knew you could do it if you applied yourself!:ok:

Having actually flown in DW's LHS a few times during those early Summer days of 82 when you were busy trying to avoid swimming darn sarth..... It is easy to think his display was better. He lead the way for sure, and being the first to show what the beast could really do was bound to have lasting impact. Your displays carried DW's tradition on....even if the tp in me had to put a few issues aside :)

It will be great if DW joins us for the 30th.... OH dear my brain is hurting already!

Bertie Thruster
12th Aug 2011, 06:46
http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/common/anihook7d.gifhttp://www.chinook-helicopter.com/common/anihook7d.gifhttp://www.chinook-helicopter.com/common/anihook7d.gif

If you see the Chinooks turning clockwise, your right hemisphere dominates: 
You are highly creative, you use your imagination, feelings and perception of space, you are sensitive to symbols and images, you enjoy exploring the future and thinking philosophically…(eg SAR crew)
If you see the Chinooks turning anti clockwise, you use your left hemisphere:
You are a logical thinker, you rely on realism, words and language. you are attracted by maths and science, knowledge, and specifics. (eg SH crew)

If you can control the movement at will in either direction you are able to tap into the full power of your brain and are a genius. (eg Chinook crew)

NutLoose
12th Aug 2011, 07:20
I take it you mean Darryl W+++++ks, yes a lot was borrowed from him as the first RA(A)F Chinook display pilot and his display was superb! I guess he set the standard everyone else had to try for.

I've been in touch with him this week and he says he might make it over for the dinner. Thanks again. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I remember being detached one exercise to Upavon, which at the time was 38 Group HQ and he was one of the last to arrive, he came up the valley at the bottom of the field low level and cranked it around the big house to announce the arrival of the new Chinooks to the RAF.... Didn't go down well with them.

Tallsar
12th Aug 2011, 09:38
BT....:D;):D:D

...but where does that leave those of us able to accomodate both? Metrohelisexual?:rolleyes::)

chinook240
21st Aug 2011, 07:43
http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/common/anihook7d.gif

Mmmmnice
21st Aug 2011, 15:32
It's making my eyes hurt.....what does that make me?

No need for you to comment Chinook240

Dundiggin'
21st Aug 2011, 19:59
If DW's coming to the ball - all of you had better lock up your wives.............:rolleyes:

Rigga
21st Aug 2011, 20:36
C240,

Does your repeated "bumping" of the invitation on the Rotary section of Pprune indicate that there is an over-expectation for the limited seating arrangements?

chinook240
21st Aug 2011, 21:29
OMG, 2 bumps in 3 weeks, hardly repeated bumping? But thanks for your concern. The response has been tremendous thanks to networks like Pprune and others.:ok:

Madbob
23rd Aug 2011, 09:27
C240

The display you posted was great to see - very impressive.

Just a quickie, is there an accelerometer fitted as standard to the Chinook? I appreciate that you won't be "pulling" much in the way of G, but as a (not very natural) FW-only pilot, knowing the amount of G being "used" in a manoevre gave me more reliable feedback into the tightness of a turn than just the feeing in "the seat of my pants". Also, where G limits were low it prevented an inadvertant over-stress from happening! :=
(Which usually meant a case of beer to the riggers and a "chat" with the flt cdr/boss :yuk:.)

Is it the same for a helo, or are you more governed by torque?

MB

MB

chinook240
23rd Aug 2011, 11:23
Madbob,

Thanks. Helos, in general, don't routinely have 'g' meters fitted. Fatigue life is normally measured in hours due to the many moving parts. Torque through the gearboxes is the usual governing limit.

Tigwas
23rd Aug 2011, 12:44
Gosh 30 years - it seems like yesterday. I checked my log book - first sortie 7 Jan 81. My next to last sortie in a Chinook was underslinging a Meteor NF14 to Aalbourg with 'Rats' in 93.

When you consider Chinook operations over the past 30 years (NI, FI, Lebanon, GW1, Bosnia, Sierra Leone, GW2, Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya?) it is a shame something grander could not be done. After all there is enough high priced help around! Tis a shame Chinooks have been outplayed by the Puma boys. It is probably worth remembering that there is no other aircraft in the British Military that has taken part in front line operations in all these conflicts. Must be worth a Hangar Bash albeit belatedly.

On the subject of DW, I recall sitting in on his rehersals and on his run-in (always downwind) he used the Beoing V Max (173 kts metal bladed) so with a decent tailwind he got a groundspeed of close to 200kts :O. His initial pullup was to 70 degrees nose up and at 40 kts full right pedal. Sometimes the rear end got a little transational lift and you ended up 90+ nose down. Truly great display

Happy days

Tigwas

glojo
23rd Aug 2011, 12:47
If you see the Chinooks turning clockwise, your right hemisphere dominates: 
You are highly creative, you use your imagination, feelings and perception of space, you are sensitive to symbols and images, you enjoy exploring the future and thinking philosophically…(eg SAR crew)
If you see the Chinooks turning anti clockwise, you use your left hemisphere:
You are a logical thinker, you rely on realism, words and language. you are attracted by maths and science, knowledge, and specifics. (eg SH crew)

If you can control the movement at will in either direction you are able to tap into the full power of your brain and are a genius. (eg Chinook crew)What about if we see them going up.... and down, up....... and down?? ;)

Good luck with the knees up and hopefully there will be many, many more.

Roger Committed
23rd Aug 2011, 22:16
Good luck with the function, shame I can't make it.
The hired help in the back have spent 30 years getting one over the O's so I'm sure they'll be content to miss this one. Perhaps it's time to come clean on one of my ruses way back in 85 at KG. Chocolate was a great bargaining tool to get shiney things off the army and due to our flying rate we got tons of the stuff on the aircrew rations (it was out of date and therefore really cheap). The crewmen of course ran the rations and picked up the choccie once a week, it was then divided into 5 equal boxes - one for each crewman and one for the O's. Once we had hidden our boxes away we gave the O's a call and they were delighted with the size of their box and went away happy. Ignorance is bliss

Chinook240 - Do you remember when the Boss's pristine Arctic Parka fell out of the centre hatch? Is that really 26 years ago, I'm not too bothered about losing my Tom Selleck tash but I would have liked to hang on to my hair.

chinook240
24th Aug 2011, 08:28
Roger,

Typical crewman, RTFQ. See post #12, I know the thread has been drifted but its all aircrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:\

Roger Committed
24th Aug 2011, 20:20
Ah, post 12. It was late, I was tired........and you're right, I didn't RTFQ.

nice castle
24th Aug 2011, 21:48
Too busy stuffing chocolate down yer gob?:ok:

Roger Committed
24th Aug 2011, 22:38
NC, the other thing that comes with age - an inability to eat chocolate without ending up looking like Chubby Brown.

On another note the SAR boys produced a very nice book detailing 30 years of the Sea King - any plans for a Chinook equivalent? Don't know where they got the money from for it and it was before we realised that GB and his mates had sold us down the river. They sold the paddle made of gold as well!

NutLoose
24th Aug 2011, 22:53
Roger, if the chinook one is produced for the bash they can save a lot of money, as the bash seems to be cutting out the majority of the Air Force involved with the fleet over the 30 years, they could probably knock it out in under 5 pages.......

I can see it now, in XXXX the RAF bought the Chinook.... XYZ flew it in various places, the rest of the detritous does not count.......... The End.

Just like the website, at least the Reds or the BBMF mention the rest of the people involved, the Chinook one appears if it's all done by magic..

HowlingMad Murdock
24th Aug 2011, 23:25
Chinook240 - Thanks for posting display video, fantastic flyin'! The Chinook appeared incredibly graceful. :) Yaaahooo! have always wanted to fly a Chinook! Have 'borrowed' one of yours...nice! http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/common/anihook7d.gif

xenolith
25th Aug 2011, 10:30
Ground Crew still perso'na non gra'ta then?

chinook240
25th Aug 2011, 10:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhmjnYKlVnM&feature=related

:ok:

Tallsar
25th Aug 2011, 20:56
:D:D:D:D:D:D Well Done.... Love it!:)

xenolith
26th Aug 2011, 10:59
Have to agree - very funny :D:D

And the ground crew still arn't invited.:ugh:

NutLoose
27th Aug 2011, 23:25
And the ground crew still aren't invited.:ugh:

Nope..... Remember these?

Rescaled them..

Top one was a crew one, have a couple of those, one new one and one used off my overalls, bottom one off my overalls is a Boeing one given to us by the reps, it differs from those on the Chinook website and was I think done for the RAF when we bought them, also have a new one with red rim and no Helicopters text on it as on the site, Chinook Groundcrew one is an original done when we got the first couple of chinooks, have a new one and a worn one somewhere.. Also still have an original Boeing Helicopters yellow baseball cap somewhere too.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff321/taylortony/Aviation/240ocu.jpg?t=1314543618

chinook240
28th Aug 2011, 12:26
Got the one top left, but don't recognise the other 2, can you post a larger pic?

NutLoose
28th Aug 2011, 15:09
Rescaled them, also have two original 240 OCU Wessex / Puma RAF Helicopter Training Unit Op Badges which were the size of the round 72 Sqn swift one but with the Humming bird badge on them.

chinook240
28th Aug 2011, 15:36
Thanks. I recognise the 240 OCU one now!

Wolfgang27
6th Sep 2011, 21:40
Old Duffer,

As the thread shows below your comments haven't helped. We have been strictly bound by the Stn Cdr's wishes as he knew it would be oversubsribed, which it was 350 people for 110 places. I suggest you take it up with him. As for the Officers only comments it has never been the case. We have 30 rear crew coming, so again, ill-informed rant I'm afraid. And if we wanted you there you might have heard about it. As for badly organised Odiham you obviously haven't been there for a long time. This DiN will be talked about for years, and it is based on the Puma reunion, so every year from now on it will be a very similar event.

Might I suggest you think twice before ranting about an event you clearly know nothing about.

WG27

NutLoose
7th Sep 2011, 15:51
This DiN will be talked about for years

As the one where the engineers and the rest of the people involved were cast aside like fallen chaff in the wind..........

It will be Nothing like the Puma one, for that one they were ALL invited.
If Odiham organised a piss up in a Brewery it would be shut........

Old-Duffer
7th Sep 2011, 16:53
Wolfgang27,

Thank you for putting me back in my box! However, I'm only half wrong 'cause the 'ground pounders' are still not invited. In that context my indignation was well founded and remains so!!

I also believe my comments about the comparison between Puma and Chinook events are valid. Benson laid on a dinner - it was not a hangar party in the accepted sense of same.

There could be no real doubt that a celebration of the Chinook's 30th would be a major draw and you have confirmed it by telling us that it was oversubscribed, so there are 240 others out there who are a tad upset at not being able to come and if so, why bother to advertise it on pprune?

You remark that this event is to become an annual bash - does that mean that each year you intend to rub the noses of the groundcrew 'in it' by not inviting them as a reward for their ceaseless efforts?

My comments about organisation at Odiham were aimed at the dedication of the SH memorial in 2006 - not the station's finest hour.

As to my acquaintance with the station in recent times, it might surprise you just how recent, current and obvious it is - see you on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmnice
7th Sep 2011, 16:56
I think you'll find that chaff doesn't so much fall as get tossed up into the wind............I'll get my coat. Is anyone else invited yet?

Mmmmnice
7th Sep 2011, 16:57
OD - what went wrong with the dedication?.......post here then I'll tell you which bit I did; maybe!

Old-Duffer
7th Sep 2011, 17:28
Mmmmnice,

Slight Thread Drift but you asked.

The problems with the SH Memorial Dedication were many and varied and I offer some only!

a. The gates (a crash gate) was supposed to open at 0930 but didn’t do so until 0950, by which time the road in both directions was seriously congested.

b. Once inside, it became obvious that the hosting of the families of those commemorated on the memorial had not been addressed. I and my mates took ‘under our wing’ (perhaps that should be rotors) some widows and their families we knew/recognised and we looked after them throughout.

c. A 3 star officer, who had declined the invitation to lunch, was removed from the guest list and again the mates took him in!

d. Air Marshal The Lord Garden’s seat described him correctly and he was seated next to – I quote – ‘Mrs Garden’.

e. Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant for Hampshire was not hosted nor was she escorted.

f. HRH The Duke of Gloucester arrived in the hangar and nobody called the audience to order or had made an attempt to get them into place before HRH appeared. The first indication that the formal bit was going to kick-off was when the keynote speaker took the podium. Incidentally the speaker was not introduced by the stn cdr.

g. The turnout of the Standard Bearers (from all the then SH sqns) left ‘something to be desired’. Battered hats, no white gloves, standard carrying pouches at all sorts of mad angles, sword belts slack etc.

h. I did not note a single uniformed airman or woman salute the ‘uncased’ standards when they passed them.

i. HRH’s microphone was not switched on and so nobody heard his address (this is not, of course, necessarily a bad thing!).

j. Returning to (b), the families were left to their own devices at the end of the service.

However, my mates took our ‘families’ to the pub in South Warnborough where we had a most enjoyable lunch and made them feel wanted and importantly, made them realise that we all remembered and cared for their loved ones.

Apart from that it was a wonderful day!

Old Duffer

chinook240
7th Sep 2011, 19:34
Mmmnice,

Well you did ask!

OD,

Look forward to meeting you (again) on the night!

7th Sep 2011, 20:03
I'm looking forward to meeting EVERYONE on the night!!

Please excuse me now if I embarrass meself!:}

Dundiggin'
14th Sep 2011, 06:53
Many thanks for the fabulous dinner last Friday. :D Sorry there have been some vitriolic undertones re the invited guests.
Perhaps next years' event should be a hangar dinner similar to the Puma do (which also was brilliant) and the Chinook force could show gratitude to everyone. ;)
PS: I swear Daryl Wilcox is looking younger!! :E

Old-Duffer
15th Sep 2011, 05:22
No, the truth of the matter is that DW has a picture in the attic and is on the monkey gland treatment.

An enjoyable evening and thanks to those who made it happen.

I'm not saying anymore about the event's format, otherwise Wolfgang27 will savage me again!!

O-D