PDA

View Full Version : Old Buckenham, Norfolk EGSV

Mattwilk
31st Jul 2011, 12:00
There have been some rumours flying about that Old Buck is closing - it isn't

I'm the new airfield manager and am taking over from tomorrow, 1st August.

The airfield is under new management and looking to expand.

We've got hangarage and long term parking available from £800 p/a, a great flying school, fuel and we're licensed three days a week.

The runway is open to GA seven days. When licensed on Fri - Sun we have ATS and RFFS Fire Cover. Fuel is available throughout those days. Fuel is by appointment (just call) the rest of the time.

The airfield is now run by a committee of volunteers all committed to ensuring that the airfield stays open. Please help us achieve this by passing the message that we're open to business around the aviation community.

Many thanks

eckhard
31st Jul 2011, 17:34
Hi Matt,

Great to hear that the airfield is still in business.

Just for interest, how much would you charge for long-term parking for a Fuji FA-200? And what would hangarage for the same aircraft cost?

Feel free to pm me with the answers.

Cheers,

Eckhard

tonker
31st Jul 2011, 17:41
Great news. My first land away from Denham.

cavortingcheetah
31st Jul 2011, 17:51
Ramadan starts tomorrow which is totally coincidental of course. What a good idea to post here as well as the Private Pilot arena down below. Certainly wouldn't want to happen to EGSV what happened to EGYC so the best of luck and hope the Wx in England holds fair for Lowestoft.

Jan Olieslagers
31st Jul 2011, 20:15
The airfield is now run by a committee of volunteers which is the way to go for recreational flying.
Congrats, heartfelt wishes for success and courage, keep up the good work!

stiknruda
31st Jul 2011, 20:31
I briefly met Matt on Fri, have seen various missives emanating from OB recently as I'm a team member of Wildcat Aerobatics that are based there.

From my perspective - it is all looking quite positive!

Good luck, Matt!

Al aka Wildcat1

Auster Fan
31st Jul 2011, 20:58
I hope so, as I'm a U/T PPL there but the fact that 'NC and 'ND appear to be for sale according to ukga.com concerns me a little...... :(

There seems to me, being a rank amateur, so much potential there for all sorts of corporate stuff along side the pure aviation, especially if they try to arrange events that don't clash with other local fly-ins at Seething, Tibenham etc. Is is it THAT difficult to pick up the phone and talk to each other to arrange things that would benefit each other without clashing......? :confused:

stiknruda
31st Jul 2011, 21:04
i doubt that picking up the 'phone will prove problematic in future!

some shots of OB on this clip - filmed Friday

‪wildcataerobatics's Channel‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wildcataerobatics#p/a/u/0/MRfLADYAhqk)

stiknruda
1st Aug 2011, 21:09
From our Wildcat Aerobatics website - why we're at Old Buck:ok:

Wildcat Aerobatics based at Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk (http://www.wildcataerobatics.com/wildcat-aerobatics-based-at-old-buckenham-airfield-norfolk/)

Mattwilk
14th Aug 2011, 08:24
Thanks for all your positive comments. We're bringing in badly needed revenue from non aviation buildings and have already let 6 of them!

We are about to start offering the former workshop/ firehouse as a high end classic car or equivalent mechanics workshop. If anyone knows of someone in this line of business then please let me know.

The Cafe/ Bar is also available and we're in the process of resurrecting the bar so that we can attract car clubs etc to hold their events here.

Don't read too much into the fact that G-NINC and G-NIND are on the market; the flying school, run by Peter Smith with Gerry Honey as CFI are committed to the airfield and in fact Peter is one of the volunteers.

We'll be putting up more information in the next few weeks; in the interim we're looking forward to seeing you here soon.

IO540
14th Aug 2011, 14:26
Excellent news :ok:

stiknruda
14th Aug 2011, 16:31
See details on our FB page to see how you can win a flight in one of the Wildcats:

https://www.facebook.com/WildcatAerobatics

Paris Dakar
14th Aug 2011, 16:34
Matt,

I certainly wish I lived a lot closer to your airfield - good luck with your venture.

Find out the where your local Motor Clubs meet and make yourself known to them. When I was involved as a competitor in rallying we were desperate for meeting venues and often had to make do with pubs that didn't really want our business. You may find it opens doors into a possibly new range of contacts too - many of the folk I rallied with were keen on aviation too.

Best Wishes

PD

Avionyx
14th Aug 2011, 16:50
Great news, look forward to flying in sometime soon. I might be missing something, but on your website I can't see current costs for visiting aircraft, landing/overnight fees etc?

Are you able to advise on here?

Best of luck for the future at Old Buck.

Alex

Biggles1049
15th Aug 2011, 19:01
Great news on the smooth handover and future plans - OLD BUCK SHOTS continues to provide a photograpghic record of visitors to the airfield - now over 4,000 images of 1,600 different aircraft have been "snapped " - Flickr: Old Buck Shots' Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldbuckshots/) - We are looking forward to adding many more in the years to Come.

Chocks away

Keith and David

stiknruda
15th Aug 2011, 23:25
Unfortunately one of the Wildcat's suffered minor damage whilst on the ground today and won't be airworthy for Sat. We'll let you know when we're both "good to go" for the photo comp!

Apologies.

Stik

tmmorris
16th Aug 2011, 10:52
Great news. Any coffee/lunch available? (My flying buddies* like sustenance on trips.) Haven't been there for 8 years or so (can't be bothered to trawl through logbook now!)

Tim

*OK, me really

shortstripper
8th Sep 2011, 16:49
Matt,

Your inbox is full!

Ivan :ok: