PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops helicopter near Redditch

pbrookes
29th Jul 2011, 20:02
I was flying past Redditch this evening about 1,000ft QNH when I saw a light moving along the Bromsgrove Highway from west to east at about 100ft. As I got closer, I could see it was a black or very dark blue helicopter with no strobes/nav lights, just the front landing light. I was too far away to make out the type or see a reg.

SO either the pilot was on police ops or there was a very naughty pilot ignoring the 500ft rule!

A.Agincourt
29th Jul 2011, 20:09
Or perhaps he was landing????????????:mad:

pbrookes
29th Jul 2011, 20:12
It was flying above the dual carriageway at 100 ft, for over two miles at high speed, so defo not landing!

SilsoeSid
29th Jul 2011, 20:13
pb,

I'm surprised that with such highly tuned observational skills that enable you to say that a helicopter is at 100ft when you are at 1000ft , you are unable to recognise the type.

As it's not quite sunset yet, I think it safe to say that this happened during daylight, in which case, does the ac in question actually need to display lights?

You say it had the landing light on, now I'm no Poirot, but perhaps that's a clue.

Helicopter Lessons Redditch (http://www.myflyinglessons.co.uk/helicopter-lessons/redditch/worcestershire/)
:ugh:

Gordy
29th Jul 2011, 20:30
You guys crack me up....

there was a very naughty pilot

OOuWWzP7wl0

Whirlygig
29th Jul 2011, 20:35
Interesting website Sid ... In light of recent school closures, I can't help but check out a company. This one is dormant, no phone numbers, an address in Sussex, claims to be a computer company .... looks like a broker/middle-man arrangement to me.

Anyway, I thought black helicopters were meant to fly low ... how else can they spy on you. :}

Cheers

Whirls

SilsoeSid
29th Jul 2011, 20:41
Hey Whirls, it's Friday and the boss was going home.

He/she is a regular. ;)

ShyTorque
29th Jul 2011, 22:37
We do have some dark blue military helicopters.

SASless
30th Jul 2011, 01:08
Plenty of informants out there.....or as known in Police work...."Snitches"!

Rule One of Snitch Handling..... All Snitches lie.

Rule Two... Some Snitches lie all the time.

Rule Three.... Never trust a Snitch!

A.Agincourt
30th Jul 2011, 08:49
A snitch in time is worth nine.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th Jul 2011, 09:43
Can someone explain what a "Black Ops" helicopter is please? I've been watching aeroplanes for 60+ years and worked in aviation for 45 years but I have never knowingly encountered such a machine.

TRC
30th Jul 2011, 09:53
Can someone explain what a "Black Ops" helicopter is please

It's a little known home-build type.

Called an Equatorial Rabbit.

It's black and it 'ops.

Hat, coat, shotgun.........

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th Jul 2011, 10:03
Aaahhh... thanks. Now I can sleep at night!

1helicopterppl
4th Aug 2011, 09:51
being a 'local' I have a pretty good idea who this could be....certainly somebody who fits the bill exactly......however I am not a 'snitch' ....

I see this flyer quite regularly so I prefer to talk to him face to face.

truthinbeer
5th Aug 2011, 04:46
I cannot comment on what lights a heli might or might not exhibit as I am only about to start lessons for first time, but I can tell you what I have seen. I was working on Sydney Harbour when the Australian Special Forces were practicing what they do prior to start of the Sydney Olympics, and I can tell you whenever they flashed past going about their business they didn't show any lights. I would say your heli is not one of these.

chevvron
5th Aug 2011, 10:26
You can't say 'black' nowadays.

Camp Freddie
5th Aug 2011, 11:29
chevron,

you just said it :=

A.Agincourt
5th Aug 2011, 14:04
truthinbeer: I cannot comment on what lights a heli might or might not exhibit as I am only about to start lessons for first time, but I can tell you what I have seen. I was working on Sydney Harbour when the Australian Special Forces were practicing what they do prior to start of the Sydney Olympics, and I can tell you whenever they flashed past going about their business they didn't show any lights. I would say your heli is not one of these. :ugh::ugh: So would I since their range is hardly likely to enable them to come to the UK

Best Wishes

Keep up the beer consumption

truthinbeer
8th Aug 2011, 13:42
LOL. Touche` AA. Better pass another coldie.:)