PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Sky - Henderson, Las Vegas

NukeHunt
28th Jul 2011, 21:55
If anyone is ever out in the Las Vegas area and are looking to rent, I cannot recommend Monarch Sky at Henderson enough.

I rocked up on a weekend, no prior contact, no calls, no emails, nothing - having only just received my FAA Temporary Airman Certificate and they were so friendly and helpful and with-in an hour I had completed all the paperwork and had a checkout booked for the next morning.

They have an excellent and varied fleet of a/c for hire and rates are very competitive.

They showed me around their subsidiary hangar, Sky Combat Ace that uses 2 Extra 300's for simulated air combat and all I can say is I've never seen anything like it. It was like walking into a nightclub with planes parked inside !!. They have an L-39 and 2 Extra 300's inside a hangar, and the rest of it is a huge bar area with pool tables, huge TV's and sofas - nothing like the rusty WW2 full of pigeon **** hangar's you get over here !!.

Henderson is only about 15 mins drive from the strip and about 15 mins flight time from the Hoover Dam and around an hour or so to the Grand Canyon, making self fly an attractive alternative to one of the regular air tours from Vegas.

Their website is Monarch Sky (http://www.monarchsky.com)

IrishJason
30th Jul 2011, 13:44
This will be helpful if I manage to claw myself away from planet hollywood :ok: