PDA

View Full Version : So some of the RAF were a bunch of organised criminals

NutLoose
28th Jul 2011, 18:47
Must be true, wait to the film hits 17 seconds and look what is at the end of the confiscated criminal vehicles line.. LOL

:p

BBC News - Record £1bn worth of criminal assets seized by police (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14322087)

A record £1bn in assets were seized or deprived from organised criminals in the UK last year.
The figures come as the government announces a new strategy to tackle organised crime for England and Wales.
Ministers say it will give police stronger powers to pursue criminals and confiscate their possessions

Hope you have hidden those Typhoons somewhere safe :E

Really annoyed
28th Jul 2011, 21:22
Surprised to see a Nimrod. I thought given the title of this thread that there would be thousands of cigarettes piled up next to a Hercules. The Movements empire in the RAF are the only organised criminals.

jindabyne
28th Jul 2011, 21:48
As I implied on another thread - mental

WE992
29th Jul 2011, 09:33
I've also seen plenty of smuggling by aircrew and enginners in my time so think twice before mouthing off. The difference is that thankfully the movers were caught.

We have already battered this to death on another thread on this forum.

MFC_Fly
29th Jul 2011, 10:07
So the item started by reporting that they were at a "secret location in Leicestershire" and then did the outside piece to camera with the Nimrod in the background.

Took all of 5 seconds to confirm that the aircraft shown was indeed the one at Bruntingthorpe in Leicestershire - some bleeding 'secret' - typical journalistic BS :ok:

crackling jet
29th Jul 2011, 11:14
Organised criminals, I passed through Brize Norton in the early 80's en rout to a two year tour in Cyprus, after travelling back after my UK R and R break, i was taking 2 good fishing rods back with me as i was a keen angler and the fishing was good. Well the last time i saw them was on their way through the baggage hall supposedly going on to the aircraft.When trying to track them down from Cyprus, i was told never mind you claim on the insurance, they weren't intersted in following it up, probably didn't have the time, probably out fishing with my rods

Nomorefreetime
29th Jul 2011, 11:20
'Movers' and 'Organised' in the same sentence, Now thats a first on PPRUNE

Kitbag
29th Jul 2011, 12:46
Does this finally confirm that the only semblance of organisation and planning within the RAF can be found at the level of the non-commissioned?

Wander00
29th Jul 2011, 13:59
What are the odds that if one bought a confiscated vehicle at the official disposal auction, one would not be "pulled" by the fuzz every five miles becasue the registration had not been removed from the "arrest on sight" list

A2QFI
29th Jul 2011, 15:28
SNAP! From today's DT

"The Daily Telegraph tells how police seized a stolen motorbike in a raid on a house in Edinburgh and spent a further four hours searching the property for other stolen goods.

The Yamaha machine has been returned to its rightful owner.

It transpired that he bought the bike a few weeks earlier at a police auction of unclaimed stolen goods.

The householder, who said the raid was embarrassing and stressful, has demanded an apology and compensation."

This was after the buyer, who had bought it in good faith, had spent £700 of his own money, on new parts for the bike before it was seized

Wander00
29th Jul 2011, 17:30
Bloomimng heck, if I'd known I was that psychic I would have got a job as a medium!

NutLoose
29th Jul 2011, 18:16
:ugh:
Remember the one a while back when the police had to drop a case as they had already sold the evidence on ebay or the like.